Racer Media & Marketing, Inc. publisher of RACER and SportsCar magazines and Racer.com, is looking for an extremely motivated intern with an interest in advertising sales. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, creative and can think outside the box. You will also possess the ability to work independently, execute sales strategies, build relationships and prospect over the phone and via e-mail. Interns will gain valuable experience by actively participating in the entire ad sales cycle from pitch to close.
• Interfacing with upper management to identify viable potential advertisers and develop advertising proposal opportunities.
• Prospect through internet research and cold-calling.
• Meet monthly sales goals and deadlines.
• Automotive/motorsport background is helpful, but not required.
• Strong prospecting and lead development abilities are a must.
• Interest in working with traditional print and Internet ad sales.
• Previous sales experience in a call center or retail environment is helpful, but not required.
• Great phone skills and the ability to handle rejection positively.
• Results driven and a strong desire to succeed
• Exceptional closing skills and the ability to overcome objections.
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office -- particularly Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Location: Irvine, Calif.
- Compensation: Hourly, plus sales incentives
- This is a part-time job.
- This is an internship job
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com