With every issue of RACER, our purpose is to take you inside the sport we all love, with the stories of racing's past (we revel in it), present (we're absorbed by it) and future (we're excited by it). But with The Insider Issue, we wanted to probe that little bit further, explaining the "How" as well as the "Why" of some truly varied aspects of motorsport. And, honestly, there wasn't a writer amo...
Aug 11, 2014
RACER's Great Cars Issues always cause the same dilemmas: What to include? What to leave out? Whatever, we were determined to avoid "merely" wallowing in nostalgia. For example, although we know this...
Jul 16, 2014
They're the kind of cars that take hold of our imagination as kids and never let go. As adults, some are lucky enough to turn dreams into reality and get to own and enjoy one. Yet whether you drive o...
May 23, 2014
Probably the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan succinctly conveyed the hard work and hardline attitude it takes to succeed in any sport. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my ...
Apr 01, 2014
As a RACER reader, chances are that at least one of the guys on our front cover this issue is a hero of yours, yet it hardly matters: they all transcended personal tastes to become heroes of motorspo...
Mar 11, 2014
Given the abundance of riches at Chip Ganassi Racing this year, it was only logical to feature the team's IndyCar squad on the cover of RACER's 2014 Season Preview Issue. All four CGR drivers have ra...
Feb 04, 2014
To replace an iconic car is tough enough, but replacing an iconic car steeped in racing heritage is even tougher. Relishing such a challenge, the engineers and designers involved with Chevrolet's sev...
Jan 20, 2014
Every generation needs a hero, so they say – but in our opinion, it also needs a front-engined supercar! It's a format that naturally lends itself to powerful, sexy and timeless shapes. That's why, f...
Jan 09, 2014
A couple of days after Phil Hill died five years ago, we were on the phone to Sir Stirling Moss, one of his chief rivals in both Formula 1 and sports cars. “If you were in the same event as him, his ...
Dec 17, 2013
On this day in 1979, the company that would eventually create RACER magazine and RACER.com was founded by Paul Pfanner, Suzette Catheron-Smith and the late Geary Brown. The company's very first proje...
Nov 19, 2013
Here's a sneak peek at Gary Watkins' investigation in the Fall issue of RACER " the Racing Business and Technology Issue " of the complex matrix of megajoules, fuel-flow rates and fuel tank size, plu...
Oct 24, 2013
However much some of the traditional motorsport fans may resent it, racing " and manufacturer involvement in racing " is under ever-increasing pressure to be ?relevant.? And it's unrealistic to think...
Page 1 of 2
Subscribe to Racer
- RACER: Audi's Chris Reinke on LMP1 developments
- RACER: Ricky and Jordan Taylor Corvette Racing WEC at COTA
- IMSA: Odd position for Pruett, Ganassi team entering COTA
- TV: NASCAR's Chase starts stronger; NBC claims big audience jump for Italian GP
- SVRA confirms return to Indy in June 2015
- F1: Dennis says it is too early to judge changes at McLaren
- IndyCar: CFH confirms Chevrolet partnership
- WRC: Ogier set for long-term VW deal
- IMSA: Turner hunting GTD title, clarity on 2015 program
- IndyCar: Susie Wheldon looking to support young drivers through Karting Challenge
Video: The Insider Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN #__flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN #__categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-09-18 06:14:37' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-09-18 06:14:37' ) AND ty.access IN (0,1,1) AND mc.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications