After the No. 08 Peugeot had topped both daytime practice sessions at Sebring on Thursday, the sister No. 07 entry moved back to the front in yesterday evening's night practice for Saturday's 12 Hours of Sebring. Marc Gene led the way for the team, with a lap of 1m45.494sec giving him the top spot by 0.3sec.
Peugeot's main rivals had been within a second during the day, but last night the gap back to the third-placed Aston Martin Racing entry was up to 2.6sec. Highcroft led LMP2 in fourth place overall, edging ahead of the LMP1 Drayson Lola that had held third in the previous practice sessions.
JR Hildebrand set the LMPC pace for Genoa, less than a tenth of a second in front of the No. 95 Level 5 car.
Rahal Letterman BMW's run of one-two results continued in GT2 for a third consecutive session, with Dirk Muller the team's pacesetter. The two Extreme Speed Ferraris were next up in class. Alex Job Racing was first and second in GTC, ahead of TRG.
The only team unable to make it out in night practice – during which each driver must complete three laps – was RSR Jaguar, which remained in the pits following a failure in the afternoon session.
Pos Cl Drivers Car Time
1. P1 Gene/Wurz/Davidson Peugeot 1m45.494s
2. P1 Lamy/Bourdais/Minassian Peugeot 1m45.811s
3. P1 Mucke/Primat/Fernandez Lola-Aston Martin 1m48.180s
4. P2 Brabham/Pagenaud/Franchitti HPD 1m48.711s
5. P1 Drayson/Cocker/Pirro Lola 1m49.888s
6. P2 Pickett/Graf/Maassen Porsche 1m50.989s
7. P1 Willman/Burgess/Ehret Lola 1m52.287s
8. P2 Dyson/Smith/Meyrick Lola-Mazda 1m55.700s
9. PC Wallace/Sutherland/Hildebrand ORECA 1m57.393s
10. PC Tucker/Hunter-Reay/Gue ORECA 1m57.471s
11. PC Tucker/Bouchut/Wilkins ORECA 1m57.765s
12. PC Feinberg/Marcelli ORECA 2m00.497s
13. PC Zugel/Jeannette/Julian ORECA 2m01.355s
14. GT2 Muller/Hand/Priaulx BMW 2m01.928s
15. GT2 Auberlen/Milner/Werner BMW 2m02.535s
16. GT2 Sharp/van Overbeek/Farnbacher Ferrari 2m02.593s
17. GT2 Brown/Cosmo/Barbosa Ferrari 2m02.847s
18. GT2 Magnussen/O'Connell/Garcia Corvette 2m02.905s
19. GT2 Melo/Bruni/Kaffer Ferrari 2m03.066s
20. GT2 Bergmeister/Long/Lieb Porsche 2m03.184s
21. GT2 Beretta/Gavin/Collard Corvette 2m03.259s
22. GT2 Sellers/Henzler/Pilet Porsche 2m03.305s
23. GT2 Krohn/Jonsson/van de Poele Ferrari 2m05.678s
24. GT2 Robertson/Robertson/Murry Doran Ford 2m06.430s
25. GTC Gonzalez/Leitzinger/Keen Porsche 2m08.012s
26. GTC Gonzalez/Diaz/Kelly Porsche 2m08.251s
27. GTC Richard/Ende/Lally Porsche 2m08.255s
28. GTC Curtis/Sofronas/Pilgrim Porsche 2m08.430s
29. GTC Sweedler/Kapudija/Lueders Porsche 2m10.062s
30. GT2 Law/Neiman/Lietz Porsche 2m11.573s
31. GTC Rodriguez/Bieker/Friedman Porsche 2m11.688s
32. GTC Lewis/Vento/Aschenbach Porsche 2m11.838s
33. PC Pagerey/Wong/Ducote ORECA 2m24.812s
34. GT2 Gentilozzi/Goossens/Dalziel Jaguar