Sergio Perez says he is feeling "perfectly well" ahead of the European Grand Prix, the Mexican confident he will be able to race there.
Sauber's rookie driver Perez withdrew after first Friday practice for the Canadian Grand Prix after not feeling 100 percent following his heavy crash in Monaco. He was replaced by McLaren reserve Pedro de la Rosa during the weekend. The Mexican now says that he is feeling ready to race again.
"I flew home from Montreal, and back in Mexico I spent the time preparing myself for the next race and trained together with our physiotherapist," said Perez. "I feel perfectly well and I'm very much looking forward to racing in Valencia. Without doubt it is an advantage that I know this track well. In 2009, I was on the podium after both GP2 races and last year I had pole position."