Dani Pedrosa and MotoGP champion Casey Stoner were first and second as Honda wrapped up its dominant MotoGP season with another commanding performance on the final Valencia test day.
Riding the new 1000cc bike, Pedrosa set a best time of 1m31.807s in the morning to edge teammate Stoner by 0.161sec. Ben Spies was best of the rest for Yamaha, 0.37sec adrift, and again representing the works team alone with teammate Jorge Lorenzo still recovering from the hand injury he sustained at Phillip Island.
Tech 3's Cal Crutchlow and new teammate Andrea Dovizioso completed the top five on two more Yamahas, as this time the Italian spent the whole day on the 1000cc bike after initially acclimatizing to the Yamaha chassis with the 800cc engine for part of Tuesday. Valentino Rossi was sixth for Ducati, continuing to work on the new-style chassis.
Alvaro Bautista marked his debut on the Gresini Honda with the ninth-fastest time.
At the back, best of the CRT bikes was Carmelo Morales on Laglisse's Suter-BMW.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m31.807s
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m31.968s + 0.161s
3. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m32.338s + 0.531s
4. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m32.550s + 0.743s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.256s + 1.449s
6. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m33.332s + 1.525s
7. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m33.433s + 1.626s
8. Hector Barbera Pramac Ducati 1m33.648s + 1.841s
9. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m33.814s + 2.007s
10. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m34.142s + 2.335s
11. Kousuke Akiyoshi Honda 1m34.546s + 2.739s
12. Franco Battaini Ducati 1m34.840s + 3.033s
13. Carmelo Morales Laglisse Suter-BMW 1m35.911s + 4.104s
14. Ivan Silva BQR Inmotec 1m36.695s + 4.888s
15. Yonny Hernandez BQR FTR 1m37.279s + 5.472s
16. Federico Sandi Grillini Gapam 1m38.680s + 6.873s