Dani Pedrosa moved to the top in second practice at Jerez, leading yet another Honda 1-2.
In windy conditions, times were half a second off this morning's and Pedrosa trimming his benchmark time from 1m40.110s to 1m40.101s was one of very few improvements in the second part of the session. Casey Stoner was second to his teammate, 0.188sec adrift.
Honda held a 1-2-3 for a while with the works duo ahead of Marco Simoncelli's factory-specification Gresini bike, before Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) demoted Simoncelli to fourth.
Valentino Rossi maintained his promising form by taking fifth, and with Pramac's Randy de Puniet sixth, works rider Nicky Hayden eighth and Cardion AB's Karel Abraham 10th, it was an encouraging afternoon for Ducati. Abraham provided two of the few incidents in the session, having a gentle fall at the hairpin and a high-speed trip over the gravel.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m40.101s
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m40.289s + 0.188s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m40.623s + 0.522s
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m40.701s + 0.600s
5. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m40.956s + 0.855s
6. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m40.982s + 0.881s
7. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m41.053s + 0.952s
8. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m41.058s + 0.957s
9. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m41.292s + 1.191s
10. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m41.304s + 1.203s
11. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m41.337s + 1.236s
12. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m41.407s + 1.306s
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m41.665s + 1.564s
14. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m41.810s + 1.709s
15. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m41.854s + 1.753s
16. John Hopkins Suzuki 1m42.305s + 2.204s
17. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m42.690s + 2.589s