Dani Pedrosa once again edged Jorge Lorenzo to top the second MotoGP practice at Brno, the Honda man setting his fastest time just as Lorenzo fell at Turn 7.
The latter, currently 18 points clear of Pedrosa in the championship, had been looking comfortable at the top of the timesheets for much of the session, but 17 minutes from the flag he lost the front of his Yamaha in the Stadium section.
Almost exactly the same time as he scampered over the air fence, Pedrosa set the fastest lap of the session, coming round in 1m56.858s. Lorenzo eventually returned on his second bike but was unable to improve his time, finishing just five hundredths of a second down on Pedrosa.
As was the case in first practice, Tech 3's Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow claimed third and fourth in a session punctuated by several falls.
Gresini's Alvaro Bautista, Aspar's Aleix Espargaro and Avintia's Yonny Hernandez were all casualties, with the latter causing a red flag when he punctured an air fence at Turn 5.
Despite his fall Bautista was still able to claim seventh, narrowly behind LCR Honda's Stefan Bradl and Ducati's Valentino Rossi, both of whom lapped within half a second of the ultimate benchmark.
Ben Spies was another early faller, although he was unharmed and returned to finish eighth fastest ahead of Espargaro and Toni Elias on the satellite Pramac Ducati.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m56.858s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m56.911s + 0.053s
3. Andrea Dovizioso Tech 3 Yamaha 1m57.055s + 0.197s
4. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m57.215s + 0.357s
5. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m57.250s + 0.392s
6. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m57.315s + 0.457s
7. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m57.573s + 0.715s
8. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m57.790s + 0.932s
9. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 1m59.185s + 2.327s
10. Toni Elias Pramac Ducati 1m59.228s + 2.370s
11. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m59.251s + 2.393s
12. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m59.498s + 2.640s
13. Michele Pirro Gresini FTR-Honda 1m59.833s + 2.975s
14. Yonni Hernandez AvintiaFTR-Kawasaki 1m59.886s + 3.028s
15. Mattia Pasini Speed Master Aprilia 2m00.258s + 3.400s
16. Colin Edwards Forward Suter-BMW 2m00.296s + 3.438s
17. Ivan Silva Avintia Inmotec-Kawasaki 2m00.773s + 3.915s
18. James Ellison Paul Bird Aprilia 2m01.137s + 4.279s
19. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Aprilia 2m01.625s + 4.767s