Dani Pedrosa was fastest as the Honda domination continued on day one of the final MotoGP winter test in Qatar.
The floodlit evening session saw an all-Honda top three, with works riders Pedrosa and Casey Stoner leading Gresini's Hiroshi Aoyama, in one of the former 250cc champion's strongest MotoGP performances yet.
Pedrosa set his 1m56.271s with just over two hours to go, beating Stoner's previous benchmark by 0.143sec. Aoyama was within 0.03sec of Stoner's time.
Three Yamahas completed the top six, with works riders Ben Spies and early pacesetter Jorge Lorenzo ahead of Colin Edwards on the Tech 3 bike. Andrea Dovizioso was seventh on the final factory Honda.
It was another difficult night for Ducati. Valentino Rossi had an early fall at Turn 9, and though he was unhurt and able to continue, he could only manage eighth, just ahead of team-mate Nicky Hayden.
Randy de Puniet recovered from two minor accidents to take 10th place on the Pramac Ducati, while Sepang test star Marco Simoncelli (Gresini) was back in 11th this time - though he was under a second off the pace in the closely matched field.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap Laps
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m56.271s 41
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m56.414s + 0.143s 32
3. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m56.444s + 0.173s 59
4. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m56.563s + 0.292s 38
5. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m56.682s + 0.411s 60
6. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m56.742s + 0.471s 42
7. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m56.780s + 0.509s 56
8. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m57.038s + 0.767s 57
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m57.137s + 0.866s 57
10. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m57.143s + 0.872s 39
11. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m57.226s + 0.955s 57
12. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m57.302s + 1.031s 61
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m57.325s + 1.054s 69
14. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m57.437s + 1.166s 56
15. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m57.499s + 1.228s 49
16. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m57.737s + 1.466s 51
17. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m58.250s + 1.979s 65