Dani Pedrosa blitzed the field and lapped more than half a second faster than any of his MotoGP rivals in the final practice session at Brno.
The Spaniard, bidding to close his 18-point deficit to championship leader Jorge Lorenzo, moved to the top of the timesheets early on and was never displaced.
With a quarter of an hour to run Pedrosa pulled over half a second clear of the field, before he stamped home his dominance with a 1m56.209s at the flag - just over one tenth shy of the fastest ever lap at the circuit and more than seven tenths faster than anyone else could manage.
As if to underline Pedrosa's control, Lorenzo also set his fastest lap at the flag but wound up 0.806sec down. The championship leader was then demoted to third by Yamaha teammate Ben Spies.
Tech 3 Yamaha duo Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow were the last men to get within one second of Pedrosa, with less than three hundredths of a second to choose between them.
Ducati's Valentino Rossi was next up in sixth, 1.049sec off the pace. He beat the satellite Honda riders Alvaro Bautista (Gresini) and Stefan Bradl (LCR).
Karel Abraham on the satellite Cardion Ducati rose to ninth late on, ahead of Aspar CRT duo Randy de Puniet and Aleix Espargaro.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m56.209s
2. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m56.952s + 0.743s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m57.015s + 0.806s
4. Andrea Dovizioso Tech 3 Yamaha 1m57.092s + 0.883s
5. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m57.120s + 0.911s
6. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m57.258s + 1.049s
7. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m57.307s + 1.098s
8. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m57.312s + 1.103s
9. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m58.502s + 2.293s
10. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m58.831s + 2.622s
11. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 1m59.129s + 2.920s
12. Yonni Hernandez AvintiaFTR-Kawasaki 1m59.494s + 3.285s
13. Toni Elias Pramac Ducati 1m59.551s + 3.342s
14. Michele Pirro Gresini FTR-Honda 1m59.669s + 3.460s
15. Mattia Pasini Speed Master Aprilia 2m00.257s + 4.048s
16. Ivan Silva Avintia Inmotec-Kawasaki 2m00.732s + 4.523s
17. James Ellison Paul Bird Aprilia 2m00.749s + 4.540s
18. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Aprilia 2m00.968s + 4.759s
19. Colin Edwards Forward Suter-BMW 2m02.159s + 5.950s