Danica Patrick has ruled herself out of an Indianapolis 500 entry this year in order to focus on her first full NASCAR Sprint Cup campaign.
Patrick, who will contest the Sprint Cup with Stewart-Haas Racing, was linked to a possible Indianapolis appearance last year before opting to contest the Coca-Cola 600 on the same weekend instead. Speaking at Daytona testing on Thursday, she said that her intention is to do the same in 2013.
"I can confirm that I will not be doing the Indy 500," she said. "The team and I decided to focus on Cup. It's going to be plenty of work as it is. It's going to be important for me, running for the championship full time for the first time, to really keep myself focused on the Cup car."
Patrick said that she is also trying to put together a partial Nationwide program with Turner Scott Motorsports, although no deal has been done yet.
"Nationwide, I am not sure if that is completely set," she said. "I know there have been some reports that have come out about running for Turner. We are definitely talking to them trying to figure it out and we are definitely working on that, but there has been nothing signed yet.
"The exact dates, the races and the sponsor have yet to be confirmed for all that. We are working on it, but I would like to."
Patrick switched to NASCAR from IndyCar for the 2012 season, finishing 10th in the Nationwide standings. She also contested 10 Cup races, with a best finish of 17th at Phoenix.