Danica Patrick says racing in NASCAR in 2010 remains a possibility, despite the announcement of her new three-year IndyCar Series deal with Andretti Autosport on Monday.
Although her IndyCar plans are now set in stone, speculation of Patrick making her NASCAR debut next year continued to be fueled on Monday. An image portraying her with Chevrolet and Nationwide Series logos on her race suit featured temporarily on her website, danicaracing.com, before being changed mid-morning for one with IndyCar sponsors.
Earlier in the day, during a live TV interview with Fox News, Patrick was asked about her possible move to NASCAR. She reiterated her interest in the series once again, while denying making any announcements on that front just yet.
"I know everybody wants to know that," Patrick said. "I love to drive, I love to race, it's what makes me go and if I got the chance to be able to run in both series I would love that. But if we were announcing, we'd be here with two cars. But we're not."
When asked if NASCAR remained possible despite her new IndyCar deal, she said the door remains open, adding that the very hectic schedule of racing in NASCAR and Indy cars simultaneously would not be something preventing her from making the move.
"Yeah, sure. It's a possibility," she said. "It would be busy. It would be very busy, but like I said, I love to race and, to be honest, when there's more races on the schedule I almost feel like my life is more predictable and it's almost more calm because it's very set in stone. I would be excited about the challenge but we'll see. We'll leave it there for now."
Earlier this year, Patrick visited Sprint Cup team Stewart Haas Racing, while officials from Nationwide Series team JR Motorsports confirmed they have held talks with the IndyCar star about a possible deal to run her in 2010.