Sebastien Ogier holds a narrow lead over Citroen teammate Sebastien Loeb after the two runs through the Coffs Harbour superspecial that opened Rally Australia on Thursday evening.
Ogier was quickest on the first pass through the 3.77-kilometer asphalt stage by 0.7sec, with Loeb winning the second run by 0.1sec, leaving Ogier ahead by 0.7sec overall going into the start of the fully fledged stages on Friday.
Ford's Jari-Matti Latvala and Mikko Hirvonen are next up, followed by Petter Solberg's self-run Citroen and Henning Solberg in the best of the Stobart Fords.
Leading positions after SS2:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Sebastien Ogier Citroen 5m27.3s
2. Sebastien Loeb Citroen + 0.6s
3. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford + 2.8s
4. Mikko Hirvonen Ford + 5.9s
5. Petter Solberg Solberg Citroen + 7.0s
6. Henning Solberg Stobart Ford + 9.8s
7. Evgeny Novikov Stobart Ford + 11.3s
8. Peter van Merksteijn Van Merksteijn Citroen + 11.9s
9. Matthew Wilson Stobart Ford + 12.6s
10. Daniel Oliveira Brazil Mini + 18.7s