Sebastien Ogier stretched his Rally Mexico lead to half a minute on Friday afternoon despite Mads Ostberg's best efforts.
Ostberg won the Las Minas and Los Mexicanos stages in the middle of the loop, but only by relatively small margins.
Ogier was the quicker man on El Cubilete and El Chocolate, and each time his Volkswagen was over 10 seconds clear of the chasing M-Sport Ford.
That performance leaves Ogier 29.4sec ahead of Ostberg heading for the evening superspecials.
Thierry Neuville blasted out of service with the second fastest time on El Cubilete, bringing him to within 0.4sec of Mikko Hirvonen's Citroen in third as both also gained on Ostberg.
Hirvonen responded and starting edging away even before a mistake by Neuville dropped him 24sec back. The third-placed Finn is 8sec down on Ostberg now.
Dani Sordo continues to struggle in fifth place in the second works Citroen and is over two and a half minutes off the lead.
Leading positions after SS11:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen 1h54m33.7s
2. Mads Ostberg M-Sport Ford + 29.4s
3. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 37.3s
4. Thierry Neuville M-Sport Ford + 1m01.7s
5. Dani Sordo Citroen + 2m35.0s
6. Nasser Al-Attiyah M-Sport Ford + 3m15.6s
7. Ken Block Hoonigan Ford + 4m38.2s
8. Benito Guerra CRT Citroen + 5m56.6s
9. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 6m18.0s
10. Chris Atkinson Abu Dhabi Citroen + 7m06.5s