Italian racing outfit N.Technology says it does not understand why its application to race in Formula 1 was rejected by the FIA – after claiming that it has been a "victim" of the dispute between the governing body and the current teams.
The FIA announced on Friday that it had chosen Team US F1, Campos Grand Prix and Manor Grand Prix as the three new competitors who are guaranteed a slot on the 2010 grid. However, talks are progressing with at least three other outfits about the possibility of them joining the grid too, should any of the current teams choose not to lift the conditions attached to their entries by this Friday's deadline.
N.Technology is extremely disappointed about missing out on the chance to graduate to F1, and its leading figures Mauro Sipsz and Angelo Codignoni are angry about what has happened.
Speaking to Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera
, Sipsz claimed: "The applications have been used by the Federation as pawns to move in the fight against the teams."
Sipsz and Codignoni reveal that they were informed by the FIA about having missed deadlines for submitting financial and technical details of their teams - even though they are adamant such information was sent in on time.
They also do not understand why teams like Scuderia Toro Rosso and Red Bull Racing were allowed provisional entries, even though they did not submit information about their engine partners for 2010 on their entry list.
"Toro Rosso and Red Bull are included despite missing the compulsory indication of the engine, and it doesn't say who will race under the budget cap. We are victims of their war," the pair were quoted as saying.
They added: "We don't know (if we've been excluded): we aren't among the three chosen teams but, contrary to what the rules say, we haven't received an exclusion notice. There's still the June 19th deadline, when the matter of the conditional entries will be solved. The impression is that everything had already been decided beforehand."
The FIA issued documents after publishing the entry list on Friday detailing the process by which they selected the new teams for 2010.
"We have been provided with accounts, contracts, multi-year business plans and other supporting material," said the FIA statement. "On the technical side we have asked for a thorough description of their capability, key staff, project plans, capital assets (present and planned for), organisational charts, and so on.
"Where there are key sub-contractors required we have asked to see contracts and letters of intent. This extends to the sponsorship side, where plans and any descriptions of existing relationships) are required. In all these aspects we have requested evidence that substantiates any claim in the teams' plans.
"In the background to these evaluations, where key individuals were identified on the funding side, our forensic accountancy advisors have run reputational checks, alongside the checking of factual data supplied.
"Once we had formed an opinion of the serious contenders we asked them to come to London to be questioned face to face by the due diligence team. Then a short summary report on the top five was sent to the FIA president."