Polesitter Josef Newgarden didn't have any issues controlling the race pace following a lap 1 spin of Sam Schmidt Motorsports teammate Bryan Clauson's car exiting Turn 2 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Following a lap 69 caution for a spin of another teammate, Esteban Guerrieri, Newgarden didn't have any challengers. By lap 65, Newgarden had put all cars but the No. 7 Lucas Oil entry driven by Guerrieri a lap down in the New Hampshire 100 on the 1.025-mile New Hampshire Motor Speedway and went on to his fifth victory of the season.
Newgarden increased his Firestone Indy Lights championship points lead over Guerrieri, who was the runner-up for the third time this season, with three races remaining.
Jorge Goncalvez, who started a season-high fifth in the No. 4 Belardi Auto Racing Special, finished a season-best second (his eighth top 10 in 11 races). Duarte Ferreira was third in the No. 28 Bryan Herta Autosport car – also a season high – and Gustavo Yacaman advanced seven positions to finish fourth in the No. 2 TMR-Tuvacol-Xtreme Coil Drilling car.
1. (1) Josef Newgarden, 100, Running
2. (5) Jorge Goncalvez, 99, Running
3. (6) Duarte Ferreira, 99, Running
4. (11) Gustavo Yacaman, 99, Running
5. (3) Esteban Guerrieri, 99, Running
6. (8) David Ostella, 98, Running
7. (2) Bryan Clauson, 98, Running
8. (7) Rusty Mitchell, 98, Running
9. (10) Brandon Wagner, 98, Running
10. (9) Victor Carbone, 98, Running
11. (4) Anders Krohn, 77, Mechanical
12. (12) Stefan Wilson, 11, Mechanical