Josef Newgarden topped the times in this weekend's third IndyCar practice session at Mid-Ohio.
The Sarah Fisher Hartman driver popped ahead of Marco Andretti to take the top spot with a 1m06.6536s just as the red flags were coming out to end the session a minute or so ahead of schedule.
Two drivers shared responsibility for the stoppage, with James Hinchcliffe having nosed into the tires at the Carousel just as Will Power was spinning into the gravel at Turn 1. Despite his late dramas Hinchcliffe finished up fourth fastest behind EJ Viso, with the three Andretti Autosport cars all within 0.12 second of Newgarden's time.
Justin Wilson, whose track time was compromised on Friday by an engine problem, was fifth fastest.
Prior to the late stoppage the session was interrupted by two earlier red flags; the first coming when Takuma Sato got into the grass, and the second when Charlie Kimball spun into the tires at the first corner.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 1m06.6536s
2. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy 1m06.7244s +0.0708s
3. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy 1m06.7339s +0.0803s
4. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy 1m06.7810s +0.1274s
5. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 1m06.9410s +0.2874s
6. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 1m06.9524s +0.2988s
7. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 1m06.9599s +0.3063s
8. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 1m07.0782s +0.4246s
9. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy 1m07.0794s +0.4258s
10. Simoa de Silvestro KV/Chevy 1m07.0841s +0.4305s
11. Oriol Servia Panther/Chevy 1m07.1549s +0.5013s
12. Will Power Penske/Chevy 1m07.2463s +0.5927s
13. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda 1m07.2890s +0.6354s
14. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 1m07.4313s +0.7777s
15. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 1m07.5849s +0.9313s
16. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 1m07.6899s +1.0363s
17. James Davison Coyne/Honda 1m07.7466s +1.0930s
18. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy 1m07.7529s +1.0993s
19. James Jakes Rahal/Honda 1m07.7681s +1.1145s
20. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 1m08.1657s +1.5121s
21. Luca Filippi Herta/Honda 1m08.5362s +1.8826s
23. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy 1m08.5779s +1.9243s
23. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda 1m10.3230s +3.6694s
24. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 1m15.4948s +8.8412s