After earning a second-place qualifying spot during an intense session on Friday morning, sophomore Brandon Newey took home his first win in Round 2 of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda.
In typical Skip Barber National fashion, there was a constant battle for the lead, with drivers working the draft, and going three wide almost everywhere on track. This is Newey's second podium, as he finished second in Round 1 on Thursday.
Sebastian Ordonez steadily worked his way up through the field from sixth to earn second place, while yesterday's race winner, Thomas McGregor started seventh and came back to grab his second podium of the weekend, finishing third. California Scents Pole Award winner and MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman finished fifth. His fellow MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo finished a position ahead in fourth.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 2 at Sebring International Raceway
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
Starting position in parenthesis
1. (2) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
2. (6) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
3. (7) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
4. (5) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
5. (1) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
6. (10) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
7. (4) Remo Ruscitti, 17, Burnaby, Canada
8. (9) Mukul Sud, 25, India
9. (3) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
10. (11) Patrick Gallagher, 18, Thornville, OH
11. (8) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
12. (12) Devin Jones, 17, Mooresville, NC
Fastest Lap: Shelby Blackstock (2:23.844/ 92.600)