Robert Doornbos maintained his place at the head of the A1GP times in the final free practice session at the Algarve circuit this afternoon.
The Dutchman lapped a whopping 0.7sec quicker than the chasing pack, led by Team Ireland's Adam Carroll. The three main title chasers were closely-matched, with Neel Jani and Filipe Albuquerque next up for Switzerland and Portugal.
Vitantonio Liuzzi kept up his strong form on his series debut for Team Italy, ending the session fifth, just ahead of Marco Andretti in the Team USA car.
The session started wet after a brief downpour, but quickly dried out. There were a number of red flags following a series of spins, but the most damage was caused as the Team Brazil car was towed back on track across the gravel, where it dug in causing parts of the floor to be torn off in the process.
Team GB, which is running with a makeshift team this weekend, was back in 18th with Dan Clarke.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Robert Doornbos Netherlands 1m30.115s
2. Adam Carroll Ireland 1m30.839s +0.724
3. Neel Jani Switzerland 1m31.135s +1.020
4. Filipe Albuquerque Portugal 1m31.515s +1.400
5. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy 1m31.662s +1.547
6. Marco Andretti USA 1m31.732s +1.617
7. Nicolas Prost France 1m31.867s +1.752
8. Clivio Piccione Monaco 1m31.984s +1.869
9. Earl Bamber New Zealand 1m32.017s +1.902
10. Andre Lotterer Germany 1m32.133s +2.018
11. Daniel Morad Lebanon 1m32.186s +2.071
12. Adrian Zaugg South Africa 1m32.284s +2.169
13. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia 1m32.350s +2.235
14. Salvador Duran Mexico 1m32.699s +2.584
15. John Martin Australia 1m32.868s +2.753
16. Narain Karthikeyan India 1m33.192s +3.077
17. Felipe Guimaraes Brazil 1m33.250s +3.135
18. Dan Clarke Great Britain 1m33.328s +3.213
19. Ho-Pin Tung China 1m33.501s +3.386
20. Zahir Ali Indonesia 1m33.535s +3.420