Daisuke Nakajima finished fastest in the British Formula 3 test at Rockingham, the first time he has topped a session since joining the series this year.
The Japanese Raikkonen Robertson Racing driver lapped in a 1m12.252s during the day's only dry session in the morning. That put him a tenth of a second clear of Spanish rival Victor Garcia (Fortec), who also enjoyed his best testing performance of the season to date.
Though comfortably inside the circuit lap record, Nakajima's time was more than a second shy of the testing mark set by championship leader Daniel Ricciardo in mid-March.
Carlin driver Oliver Oakes topped the wettest of the afternoon sessions, 0.010sec quicker than Fortec's Riki Christodoulou, with JTR's Nick Tandy third fastest.
Tandy delivered an impressive and heartening performance to set the fastest time in the final damp session of the day, underlining the team's pace and commitment just five days after the death of Nick's brother and team boss Joe Tandy in a road accident.
Tandy's Mygale clocked a 1m14.783s lap in the closing moments of the final session and he was the only driver in the session to break the 75-second mark in it.
Pos Driver Team Car Time
1. Daisuke Nakajima Double R D/M 1:12.252
2. Victor Garcia Fortec D/M 1:12.351
3. Henry Arundel Carlin D/V 1:12.408
4. Wayne Boyd T-Sport D/V 1:12.414
5. Adriano Buzaid T-Sport D/V 1:12.417
6. Max Chilton Carlin D/V 1:12.627
7. Renger van der Zande Hitech D/M 1:12.665
8. Daniel Ricciardo Carlin D/V 1:12.687
9. Carlos Huertas Double R D/M 1:12.696
10. Nick Tandy JTR M/M 1:12.732
11. Oliver Oakes Carlin D/V 1:12.816
12. Walter Grubmüller Hitech D/M 1:12.869
13. Riki Christodoulou Fortec D/M 1:12.870
14. Gabriel Dias T-Sport (N) D/H 1:13.203
15. Hywel Lloyd CF D/H 1:13.517
16. Daniel McKenzie Fortec (N) D/H 1:14.104
17. Jay Bridger Litespeed M/H 1:14.211
18. Victor Correa Litespeed (N) S/H 1:15.769