Klaus Graf and the Muscle Milk team rebounded from a practice crash to take LMP1 pole position for the American Le Mans Series' Mosport Park round.
Graf had spun into the barriers near the end of this morning's first practice session, forcing repairs that sidelined the Lola-Aston Martin for much of practice two as well. But when the car did return to the track, it was immediately quick, leading the way in final practice before Graf set a 1m08.679s to secure outright pole.
The two Dyson Lola-Mazdas battled for second, with Chris Dyson eventually fending off ALMS newcomer Steven Kane by just 0.034sec to earn the second front row spot. For the second straight race, the BMWs will start first and second in GT, with Dirk Muller beating teammate Bill Auberlen to pole by 0.059sec.
Flying Lizard Porsche's Jorg Bergmeister was their closest challenger, with Scott Sharp showing good form in the Extreme Speed Ferrari to beat Risi Ferrari driver Toni Vilander to fourth. The Corvettes were back in sixth and eighth, split by Wolf Henzler's Falken Porsche.
Kyle Marcelli claimed his first ALMS pole with a commanding run in LMPC for Intersport. In GTC, Black Swan's Damien Faulkner edged out TRG's Spencer Pumpelly for class pole.
Pos Cl Drivers Team/Car Time Gap
1. P1 Luhr/Graf Muscle Milk Lola-Aston 1m08.679s
2. P1 Dyson/Smith Dyson Lola-Mazda 1m09.044s + 0.365s
3. P1 Al Masaood/Kane Dyson Lola-Mazda 1m09.078s + 0.399s
4. PC Marcelli/Ducote Intersport FLM 1m11.331s + 2.652s
5. PC Jeannette/Gonzalez CORE FLM 1m11.946s + 3.267s
6. PC Field/Vera Intersport FLM 1m12.252s + 3.573s
7. PC Bennett/Montecalvo CORE FLM 1m12.827s + 4.148s
8. P1 Burgess/McMurry Autocon Lola-AER 1m12.839s + 4.160s
9. PC Nicolosi/Boon Performance Tech FLM 1m13.049s + 4.370s
10. PC Lux/Zugel Genoa FLM 1m13.085s + 4.406s
11. GT Muller/Hand BMW 1m17.083s + 8.404s
12. GT Auberlen/Werner BMW 1m17.142s + 8.463s
13. GT Bergmeister/Long Flying Lizard Porsche 1m17.312s + 8.633s
14. GT Sharp/van Overbeek Extreme Speed Ferrari 1m17.511s + 8.832s
15. GT Melo/Vilander Risi Ferrari 1m17.543s + 8.864s
16. GT Gavin/Magnussen Corvette 1m17.580s + 8.901s
17. GT Henzler/Sellers Falken Porsche 1m17.964s + 9.285s
18. GT Beretta/Milner Corvette 1m17.997s + 9.318s
19. GT Murry/Lazzaro Robertson Doran Ford 1m18.847s + 10.168s
20. UNC James/Sanstrom Panoz 1m19.243s + 10.564s
21. GT Jones/Moran RSR Jaguar 1m19.302s + 10.623s
22. GT Miller/Maassen Miller Porsche 1m20.377s + 11.698s
23. GT Brown/Cosmo Extreme Speed Ferrari 1m21.051s + 12.372s
24. GT Junqueira/Wilden RSR Jaguar 1m22.653s + 13.974s
25. GT Neiman/Holzer Flying Lizad Porsche 1m22.693s + 14.014s
26. GTC Pappas/Faulkner Black Swan Porsche 1m22.861s + 14.182s
27. GTC Ende/Pumpelly TRG Porsche 1m22.939s + 14.260s
28. GTC Ham/Cumming JDX Porsche 1m23.448s + 14.769s
29. GT Robertson/Robertson Robertson Doran Ford 1m23.530s + 14.851s
30. GTC Sweedler/Wong Alex Job Porsche 1m23.787s + 15.108s
31. GTC von Moltke/Bunting TRG Porsche 1m23.825s + 15.146s