Carlos Munoz will start Barber Motorsports Park's Indy Lights race from pole position after triumphing in a tight qualifying battle with Jack Hawksworth.
The Andretti driver secured the top spot with a fastest lap of 1m13.8509s, edging out St. Petersburg winner and championship leader Hawksworth by just 0.0898sec.
Munoz has a 100 percent qualifying record for the 2013 season so far, having also claimed pole at St. Petersburg.
Gabby Chaves was relegated to third after having his best lap time scratched for crossing the start/finish line after the checkered flag, with Zach Veach joining him on the second row.
Race winner Victor Carbone, who returns to the series this weekend after signing on with Team Moore Racing, will start eighth.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Carlos Munoz Andretti 1m13.8509s
2. Jack Hawksworth Schmidt Peterson 1m13.9407s + 0.0898s
3. Sage Karam Schmidt Peterson 1m14.1788s + 0.3269s
4. Gabby Chaves Schmidt Peterson 1m14.4226s + 0.5717s
5. Zach Veach Andretti 1m14.4721s + 0.6212s
6. Peter Dempsey Belardi 1m14.5559s + 0.7050s
7. Jorge Goncalvez Belardi 1m14.8891s + 1.0382s
8. Victor Carbone Moore 1m14.9036s + 1.0527s
9. Juan Pablo Garcia Moore 1m15.0205s + 1.1696s