It's a strange paradox that while no sport embraces technology quite like racing, it's treated as a dirty word by some motorsport fans who associate it with spoiling the action, making life too easy for the drivers, or making it too complicated to comprehend. Well, let's first of all point out that Miller Indy cars, Lotus F1 cars and Chaparral Can-Am cars incorporated cutting-edge technology, and...
RACER Magazine Excerpts
Oct 14, 2014
After saying goodbye to F1, Mark Webber is relishing the challenge of turning Porsche’s all-new LMP1 into a winner, as detailed in this except from THE INSIDER ISSUE of RACER magazine, on sale now. M...
Oct 08, 2014
Ed Carpenter Racing is the only team in the Verizon IndyCar Series run by an owner/driver, and the eponymous Ed is the acknowledged oval specialist, so ECR’s four key point-men – Carpenter, ECR strat...
Sep 30, 2014
ABOVE: Bernie Ecclestone (left) and FIA President Jean Todt top a complex leadership pyramid. If you’ve wondered how Formula 1 decides its rules, but don’t know your Strategy Group from your Formula ...
Sep 22, 2014
Wheels stopped to rolling again, a fast Formula 1 pit stop is completed in under two seconds. Complex choreography, technology and endless practice make for near-perfection. Close your eyes and count...
Sep 15, 2014
Like something out of a science fiction movie, the LMP1-H cars from Audi, Porsche and Toyota push technology to the limit, with future benefits for the street cars we all drive. This story is an exce...
Sep 11, 2014
This story is an excerpt from RACER magazine's THE INSIDER ISSUE, on sale now. North American sports car racing fans get to experience some of the unique atmosphere and excitement of the 24 Hours of ...
Sep 05, 2014
With every issue of RACER, our purpose is to take you inside the sport we all love, with the stories of racing's past (we revel in it), present (we're absorbed by it) and future (we're excited by it)...
Sep 02, 2014
Patrick Head just wanted to build a better Lotus 79. But with the Williams FW07, he created the greatest car of Formula 1's ground-effect era. Head, Frank Williams and Alan Jones (left to right, ABOV...
Aug 26, 2014
For Audi of America, racing in the 1988 Trans-Am series with the all-wheel drive 200 was a chance to rebuild a tarnished reputation by kicking some all-American V8 butt. This story is an excerpt from...
Aug 18, 2014
Team Penske has won many races and championships with customer cars – March, Reynard, G-Force, Dallara – by being a superior team operationally. But in Indy car racing's "kit car" era, Roger Penske's...
Aug 14, 2014
Having recently broken ground, Porsche Motorsport North America and Porsche Historic Motorsport will soon have a new home when the Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles opens some time in the second ...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Button, Hamilton differ over third cars
- F1 vs. NASCAR in Texas? No contest, Foyt says
- F1: Sauber says FIA has a duty to take action
- F1: Qualifying procedure altered for USGP
- F1: No penalty for Caterham, Marussia yet
- IndyCar: International plan still on
- F1: Experimental Lotus nose revealed
- Q&A: Mark Miles and Will Power on 2015 IndyCar schedule
- F1: Button to get gearbox penalty for USGP
- F1: Berger reckons Raikkonen, not Alonso, should make way at Ferrari
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-10-31 06:51:47' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-10-31 06:51:47' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications