It isn't quite "anything goes," but the freedom afforded to IndyCar's manufacturers in designing their 2015 aero kits should make for more distinctive – and way faster – racecars. If you've been waiting with the patience of a saint for innovation to make its long-awaited return to IndyCar racing, your prayers could be answered next season. Even the most optimistic open-wheel fan would concede yea...
RACER Magazine Excerpts
Nov 13, 2014
Mercedes-Benz is top dog under Formula 1's new-for-2014 engine rules. So what did it do better than the rest, and how can it be caught? An old war is being fought anew in Formula 1. For much of the f...
Nov 05, 2014
1986 Indy 500 winner and IndyCar and sports car team owner Bobby Rahal (TOP) gives his competitive streak a run out at least once a month on his Slot Mods USA-built track at Autobahn Country Club. Bo...
Nov 03, 2014
For 88 years, the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, published by the fabled luxury retailer, has been the resource guide for the "one percent" when they're stumped for a stocking stuffer. Gift ideas in p...
Nov 03, 2014
When antilock braking systems (ABS) were introduced on passenger cars to keep drivers from losing steering in a panic stop, the idea was generally dismissed as useless for racing purposes. Many racer...
Oct 29, 2014
It's a strange paradox that while no sport embraces technology quite like racing, it's treated as a dirty word by some motorsport fans who associate it with spoiling the action, making life too easy ...
Oct 14, 2014
After saying goodbye to F1, Mark Webber is relishing the challenge of turning Porsche’s all-new LMP1 into a winner, as detailed in this except from THE INSIDER ISSUE of RACER magazine, on sale now. M...
Oct 08, 2014
Ed Carpenter Racing is the only team in the Verizon IndyCar Series run by an owner/driver, and the eponymous Ed is the acknowledged oval specialist, so ECR’s four key point-men – Carpenter, ECR strat...
Sep 30, 2014
ABOVE: Bernie Ecclestone (left) and FIA President Jean Todt top a complex leadership pyramid. If you’ve wondered how Formula 1 decides its rules, but don’t know your Strategy Group from your Formula ...
Sep 22, 2014
Wheels stopped to rolling again, a fast Formula 1 pit stop is completed in under two seconds. Complex choreography, technology and endless practice make for near-perfection. Close your eyes and count...
Sep 15, 2014
Like something out of a science fiction movie, the LMP1-H cars from Audi, Porsche and Toyota push technology to the limit, with future benefits for the street cars we all drive. This story is an exce...
Sep 11, 2014
This story is an excerpt from RACER magazine's THE INSIDER ISSUE, on sale now. North American sports car racing fans get to experience some of the unique atmosphere and excitement of the 24 Hours of ...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Button won't new try McLaren wing
- F1: Electrical issues hamper Alonso
- Formula E drops formation lap
- Nissan LMP1 makes debut with Krumm
- Dallara involved in Rosetta comet probe
- NASCAR: Stenhouse Jr.'s team draws penalty for Homestead infraction
- F1: Rosberg counting on Bottas's pace
- F1: Ocon encouraged by practice speed
- GP2: Vandoorne takes fourth straight pole in Abu Dhabi
- F1: Cooling issues led to Williams bodywork loss
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-11-21 18:54:15' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-11-21 18:54:15' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614