Paul Tracy's version of the song would be more Sid Vicious than Frank Sinatra. So now he's switched from outraging to engaging the Indy car audience on TV, it's worth recalling his talent to explain why his words carry so much weight. The record shows he took the blows and did it his way... It really wasn't fair. Considering all the joy, anger, amazement, disbelief and entertainment he provided u...
RACER Magazine Excerpts
Dec 03, 2014
For Dunlop’s Future Racecar, the question isn’t if the technologies it uses will be available, it’s when. And it may be sooner than you think... Trivia question: Name a racecar that is fully electric...
Nov 26, 2014
With simulation techniques becoming ever more sophisticated and accurate, the digital design and testing of racecars is a burgeoning reality. Winning any race at the pinnacle of motorsports, be it a ...
Nov 19, 2014
It isn't quite "anything goes," but the freedom afforded to IndyCar's manufacturers in designing their 2015 aero kits should make for more distinctive – and way faster – racecars. If you've been wait...
Nov 13, 2014
Mercedes-Benz is top dog under Formula 1's new-for-2014 engine rules. So what did it do better than the rest, and how can it be caught? An old war is being fought anew in Formula 1. For much of the f...
Nov 05, 2014
1986 Indy 500 winner and IndyCar and sports car team owner Bobby Rahal (TOP) gives his competitive streak a run out at least once a month on his Slot Mods USA-built track at Autobahn Country Club. Bo...
Nov 03, 2014
For 88 years, the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, published by the fabled luxury retailer, has been the resource guide for the "one percent" when they're stumped for a stocking stuffer. Gift ideas in p...
Nov 03, 2014
When antilock braking systems (ABS) were introduced on passenger cars to keep drivers from losing steering in a panic stop, the idea was generally dismissed as useless for racing purposes. Many racer...
Oct 29, 2014
It's a strange paradox that while no sport embraces technology quite like racing, it's treated as a dirty word by some motorsport fans who associate it with spoiling the action, making life too easy ...
Oct 14, 2014
After saying goodbye to F1, Mark Webber is relishing the challenge of turning Porsche’s all-new LMP1 into a winner, as detailed in this except from THE INSIDER ISSUE of RACER magazine, on sale now. M...
Oct 08, 2014
Ed Carpenter Racing is the only team in the Verizon IndyCar Series run by an owner/driver, and the eponymous Ed is the acknowledged oval specialist, so ECR’s four key point-men – Carpenter, ECR strat...
Sep 30, 2014
ABOVE: Bernie Ecclestone (left) and FIA President Jean Todt top a complex leadership pyramid. If you’ve wondered how Formula 1 decides its rules, but don’t know your Strategy Group from your Formula ...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Sutil says pay driver situation "out of control"
- F1: Alonso needed new team, says Massa
- Loeb admits he needs to improve his race craft for touring cars
- Kurt Busch denies abuse allegations in court appearance
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs Racing reveals new Carl Edwards colors
- IndyCar: Coyne and Rossi conversations making progress
- F1: We can force engine changes for 2016, Ecclestone warns
- F1: Perez says Verstappen can't listen to doubters
- Kubica to stay in WRC next year
- F1: Ricciardo feels ready to lead Red Bull
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-12-21 16:53:31' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-12-21 16:53:31' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614