With every issue of RACER, our purpose is to take you inside the sport we all love, with the stories of racing's past (we revel in it), present (we're absorbed by it) and future (we're excited by it). But with The Insider Issue, we wanted to probe that little bit further, explaining the "How" as well as the "Why" of some truly varied aspects of motorsport. And, honestly, there wasn't a writer amo...
Aug 11, 2014
RACER's Great Cars Issues always cause the same dilemmas: What to include? What to leave out? Whatever, we were determined to avoid "merely" wallowing in nostalgia. For example, although we know this...
Jul 16, 2014
They're the kind of cars that take hold of our imagination as kids and never let go. As adults, some are lucky enough to turn dreams into reality and get to own and enjoy one. Yet whether you drive o...
May 23, 2014
Probably the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan succinctly conveyed the hard work and hardline attitude it takes to succeed in any sport. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my ...
Apr 01, 2014
As a RACER reader, chances are that at least one of the guys on our front cover this issue is a hero of yours, yet it hardly matters: they all transcended personal tastes to become heroes of motorspo...
Mar 11, 2014
Given the abundance of riches at Chip Ganassi Racing this year, it was only logical to feature the team's IndyCar squad on the cover of RACER's 2014 Season Preview Issue. All four CGR drivers have ra...
Feb 04, 2014
To replace an iconic car is tough enough, but replacing an iconic car steeped in racing heritage is even tougher. Relishing such a challenge, the engineers and designers involved with Chevrolet's sev...
Jan 20, 2014
Every generation needs a hero, so they say – but in our opinion, it also needs a front-engined supercar! It's a format that naturally lends itself to powerful, sexy and timeless shapes. That's why, f...
Jan 09, 2014
A couple of days after Phil Hill died five years ago, we were on the phone to Sir Stirling Moss, one of his chief rivals in both Formula 1 and sports cars. “If you were in the same event as him, his ...
Dec 17, 2013
On this day in 1979, the company that would eventually create RACER magazine and RACER.com was founded by Paul Pfanner, Suzette Catheron-Smith and the late Geary Brown. The company's very first proje...
Nov 19, 2013
Here's a sneak peek at Gary Watkins' investigation in the Fall issue of RACER " the Racing Business and Technology Issue " of the complex matrix of megajoules, fuel-flow rates and fuel tank size, plu...
Oct 24, 2013
However much some of the traditional motorsport fans may resent it, racing " and manufacturer involvement in racing " is under ever-increasing pressure to be ?relevant.? And it's unrealistic to think...
Page 1 of 2
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Kobayashi keeps drive for home GP
- Glickenhaus interested in Le Mans entry
- Robin Miller's Mailbag for October 1 presented by Honda Racing/HPD
- IndyCar 2014 Review: P21 - Sebastian Saavedra
- Ben Blake, longtime NASCAR contributor to RACER, passes away
- Barber Motorsports Park promoter gets new chief
- IMSA: TUDOR Championship points battles head for Petit Le Mans climax
- PWC: Andretti investigating options for GT program
Video: The Insider Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN #__flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN #__categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-10-01 06:13:47' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-10-01 06:13:47' ) AND ty.access IN (0,1,1) AND mc.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
- Ward family: "This matter is not at rest"
- Opposing views on Formula E – Gil de Ferran and Robert Clarke
- UPDATED: Grand jury declines to file charges against Stewart in Ward death
- IMSA: 1.1 million view TUDOR Championship from Circuit of The Americas on FOX
- Robin Miller's Mailbag for September 24 presented by Honda Racing/HPD
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications