Danny Thompson has confirmed that his rebuilt Challenger II will make its final runs of 2014 at the SCTA's World Finals event in Bonneville, Utah. The meet begins Saturday, Sept. 27, and goes until Friday, Oct 3. "This year's competition has been expanded to a full 'Speed Week' size event, and should be a great capstone to hat has been a fantastic opening season for the restored and updated Chall...
Jul 18, 2014
Danny Thompson's quest to bring his late father's "Challenger II" back to life 46 years after it was built to chase the World Land Speed Record for piston- and wheel-driven vehicles took a big step t...
Jul 14, 2014
"We hit 317mph on our second pass today. We experienced no issues with the car and successfully gathered all the data we needed for the upcoming SCTA and FIA events later this year. Given today’s pos...
Jul 12, 2014
Danny Thompson got his "Challenger II" Land Speed Record car up to speed on the Bonneville Salt Flats Friday, as he and his team moved closer to attempting a challenge to the existing wheel-driven LS...
Jul 11, 2014
It took 46 years, but the Challenger II has finally returned to the Bonneville Salt Flats as Danny Thompson moved a step closer to finishing the quest his late father, Mickey Thompson started in 1968...
May 29, 2014
It's been a while since his last update, but Danny Thompson and his small team of craftsmen continue to make progress toward restoring the late Mickey Thompson's Challenger II Land Speed Record car f...
Mar 29, 2014
The latest on Danny Thompson's quest to get "Challenger II" back on the salt.
Sep 06, 2013
Aug 21, 2013
Aug 07, 2013
Aug 02, 2013
In order to promote our Kickstarter campaign, we've been doing a lot more press work. For the more technically oriented publications, that means explaining in detail the changes we've made to the car...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- Lucas Oil Off Road: Titles settled at Lake Elsinore
- Trucks: Wallace salutes Wendell Scott with Martinsville win
- Speculation: Could an Audi F1 program already be up and running?
- Spectacular start for Team USA Scholarship’s Aaron Telitz at Brands Hatch
- VIDEOS: Team USA Scholarship's Aaron Telitz takes Brands Hatch heat 1 victory
- WRC: Ogier leads into final day in Spain
- V8 Supercars: Gold Coast 600 - Race 31 highlights
- Gold Coast 600 - A lap with David Reynolds
- F1: Marussia set to miss USGP too
- Ambrose, DJR Team Penske to make December V8 Supercars debut
Video: The Insider Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-10-26 04:53:45' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-10-26 04:53:45' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
- PRUETT: It's time for IndyCar to stop kidding itself
- RACER: Robin Miller on 2015 IndyCar schedule
- IMSA: Open letter to fans from Scott Atherton and Ed Bennett
- NBC analyst: Tony Stewart's involvement in NASCAR on-track squabbles could have legal implications
- IndyCar: Chevy aero kit breaks cover at COTA
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications