Danny Thompson has confirmed that his rebuilt Challenger II will make its final runs of 2014 at the SCTA's World Finals event in Bonneville, Utah. The meet begins Saturday, Sept. 27, and goes until Friday, Oct 3. "This year's competition has been expanded to a full 'Speed Week' size event, and should be a great capstone to hat has been a fantastic opening season for the restored and updated Chall...
Jul 18, 2014
Danny Thompson's quest to bring his late father's "Challenger II" back to life 46 years after it was built to chase the World Land Speed Record for piston- and wheel-driven vehicles took a big step t...
Jul 14, 2014
"We hit 317mph on our second pass today. We experienced no issues with the car and successfully gathered all the data we needed for the upcoming SCTA and FIA events later this year. Given today’s pos...
Jul 12, 2014
Danny Thompson got his "Challenger II" Land Speed Record car up to speed on the Bonneville Salt Flats Friday, as he and his team moved closer to attempting a challenge to the existing wheel-driven LS...
Jul 11, 2014
It took 46 years, but the Challenger II has finally returned to the Bonneville Salt Flats as Danny Thompson moved a step closer to finishing the quest his late father, Mickey Thompson started in 1968...
May 29, 2014
It's been a while since his last update, but Danny Thompson and his small team of craftsmen continue to make progress toward restoring the late Mickey Thompson's Challenger II Land Speed Record car f...
Mar 29, 2014
The latest on Danny Thompson's quest to get "Challenger II" back on the salt.
Sep 06, 2013
Aug 21, 2013
Aug 07, 2013
Aug 02, 2013
In order to promote our Kickstarter campaign, we've been doing a lot more press work. For the more technically oriented publications, that means explaining in detail the changes we've made to the car...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- IndyCar: Coyne and Rossi conversations making progress
- Report: Ecclestone, German bank suing each other over sale of F1 stake
- IMSA: Series to implement enhanced track and pit lane lighting system
- IndyCar: New Ferrari F1 role won’t limit Vergne’s U.S. chances
- IMSA: Indy 500 champion hunting for NAEC opportunity
- PWC: DragonSpeed confirms 4-car Mercedes SLS program
- IMSA: Risi set for full-season campaign
- Rollcentre back to prototypes in LMP3
- F1: Ecclestone resumes push for engine changes
- Schumacher Jr. reportedly tests Formula 4 car
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-12-20 06:00:52' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-12-20 06:00:52' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614