Red Bull junior Pierre Gasly topped the first day of post-season GP2 testing at Yas Marina on Thursday. The Formula Renault 3.5 runner-up set the pace in the cooler evening session, edging out 2014 star rookie Stoffel Vandoorne to take top spot. McLaren junior Vandoorne, who tested the Formula 1 team's Honda-powered car earlier in the week, was the pacesetter in the first session, being the first...
Nov 23, 2014
Stefano Coletti won the final GP2 race of the season in Abu Dhabi as McLaren Formula 1 junior Stoffel Vandoorne sealed second in the championship. A quick start from Coletti drew him past poleman Art...
Nov 22, 2014
McLaren reserve Stoffel Vandoorne won the GP2 feature race in Abu Dhabi to take his fourth win of 2014, and move into second in the championship ahead of Felipe Nasr. The polesitter got away cleanly ...
Nov 21, 2014
McLaren Formula 1 protege Stoffel Vandoorne claimed his fourth consecutive GP2 pole in qualifying for the series finale in Abu Dhabi. His Yas Marina performance immediately halved the eight-point gap...
Nov 21, 2014
McLaren Formula 1 test driver Stoffel Vandoorne began his bid to beat 2015 Sauber racer Felipe Nasr to the GP2 runner-up spot with the fastest time in Abu Dhabi practice. While Jolyon Palmer has alre...
Nov 20, 2014
Nicholas Latifi will make his GP2 debut this weekend in Abu Dhabi when he replaces Daniel Abt at the Hilmer team. The 19-year-old Canadian has competed in the Formula 3 European Championship this yea...
Nov 14, 2014
Arthur Pic will remain with the Campos team for the 2015 GP2 season. Frenchman Pic joined Campos for this season, as the Spanish team returned to the category after an absence of six years. Pic took ...
Nov 11, 2014
Red Bull Formula 1 junior Pierre Gasly believes that a move to GP2 for 2015 makes sense, amid speculation that he could drive for DAMS next year. Gasly, who finished as runner-up in Formula Renault 3...
Oct 22, 2014
Mercedes-Benz has hinted that its Formula 1 reserve driver Pascal Wehrlein is likely to stay in the DTM next season, although it has not ruled out the German switching to GP2. Wehrlein, who last mont...
Oct 20, 2014
McLaren junior Stoffel Vandoorne could switch GP2 teams from ART to DAMS for a 2015 title push. The Belgian, who has won three races in his rookie campaign with ART, is in the running to finish secon...
Oct 17, 2014
Leading GP3 squad Status has acquired the Caterham GP2 operation from ex-Formula 1 team owner Tony Fernandes. The acquisition takes effect immediately, but the cars will continue to run under the Cat...
Oct 13, 2014
Newly crowned GP2 champion Jolyon Palmer believes he will be the series' first title winner since Romain Grosjean to graduate to Formula 1 the following season. Grosjean stepped up to an F1 race driv...
Page 1 of 19
Subscribe to Racer
- Gasly on top again in GP2 testing
- Marko: F1 test proved Sainz is ready
- Sainz joins Verstappen at Toro Rosso
- F1: Wolff sure manufacturers won't exit
- Can-Am salute "Unlimited Racing Championship" to support Pirelli World Challenge in 2015
- Tuscher fastest in GP3 testing
- F1 sets up fans' think-tank
- MotoGP teams complete 2014 tests
- Fittipaldi gets FIA Academy place
- Brabham hopes for more Formula E outings
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-11-28 18:38:07' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-11-28 18:38:07' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614