Tiago Monteiro set the fastest time in today's second World Touring Car free practice session at Valencia.
The former grand prix and Champ Car driver matched the time done by reigning champion Yvan Muller in the earlier session, but this afternoon it put him six tenths clear of the field.
Augusto Farfus was second quickest in the first of the BMWs, while Nicola Larini made it three manufacturers in the top three for Chevrolet.
The SEATs of Rickard Rydell and Yvan Muller sandwiched Alex Zanardi's BMW, with Andy Priaulx seventh fastest and Alain Menu eighth in the second Chevrolet Cruze.
Tom Coronel was again the first of the independents in ninth place, with Jorg Muller's BMW completing the top 10.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 1m44.845s
2. Augusto Farfus BMW 1m45.466s +0.621
3. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 1m45.782s +0.937
4. Rickard Rydell SEAT 1m45.814s +0.969
5. Alex Zanardi BMW 1m45.863s +1.018
6. Yvan Muller SEAT 1m45.869s +1.024
7. Andy Priaulx BMW 1m45.996s +1.151
8. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1m45.996s +1.151
9. Tom Coronel SEAT 1m46.007s +1.162
10. Jorg Muller BMW 1m46.032s +1.187
11. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 1m46.032s +1.187
12. Stefano D'Aste BMW 1m46.106s +1.261
13. Jordi Gene SEAT 1m46.139s +1.294
14. Tom Boardman SEAT 1m46.353s +1.508
15. Felix Porteiro BMW 1m46.587s +1.742
16. Marin Colak SEAT 1m46.616s +1.771
17. Sergio Hernandez BMW 1m46.687s +1.842
18. Mehdi Bennani SEAT 1m46.768s +1.923
19. Robert Huff Chevrolet 1m46.827s +1.982
20. Vito Postiglione BMW 1m46.875s +2.030
21. Kristian Poulsen BMW 1m47.153s +2.308
22. Franz Engstler BMW 1m47.271s +2.426
23. Viktor Shapovalov Lada 1m48.253s +3.408
24. Kirill Ladygin Lada 1m48.654s +3.809