DTM rookie Miguel Molina topped the times on the third day of testing at Valencia as the 2008-spec cars continued to shine.
The Audi driver kept up the trend of the older-spec cars setting the pace, after Alexandre Premat topped day one and Maro Engel set the pace on day two. The Spaniard headed a group of five older cars at the top of the time sheets, led by Mike Rockenfeller and Jamie Green who were just one tenth of a second behind the new boy. Next up was Markus Winkelhock, while Thursday's pace-setter Engel could only manage fifth place ahead of the leading new-spec cars.
Bruno Spengler in sixth was once again the fastest HWA Mercedes driver, narrowly quicker than Ralf Schumacher for the third day running. The Mercedes pair have the 2009-spec Mercedes to themselves this week, as their teammates Gary Paffett and Paul di Resta are both in Australia as part of their third driver duties for McLaren and Force India, respectively.
Behind the 2008 Mercedes of Franky Cheng, the 10-car field was rounded out by the Abt Sportsline Audis of the newly promoted Oliver Jarvis, and DTM veteran Martin Tomczyk.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Miguel Molina Audi 1m28.579s 110
2. Mike Rockenfeller Audi 1m28.679s + 0.100s 107
3. Jamie Green Mercedes 1m28.695s + 0.116s 97
4. Markus Winkelhock Audi 1m28.821s + 0.242s 115
5. Maro Engel Mercedes 1m28.982s + 0.403s 90
6. Bruno Spengler Mercedes 1m29.084s + 0.505s 115
7. Ralf Schumacher Mercedes 1m29.256s + 0.677s 96
8. Franky Cheng Mercedes 1m29.427s + 0.848s 98
9. Oliver Jarvis Audi 1m29.444s + 0.865s 116
10. Martin Tomczyk Audi 1m29.799s + 1.220s 104