Miguel Molina dominated Friday's Formula Renault 3.5 test ahead of the opening race of the season at Barcelona this weekend.
The Ultimate-Signature driver was the only one to break into the 1m33s and ended the hour six tenths clear of his compatriot Jaime Alguersuari.
"I feel very happy that I will be able to repeat those laptimes," said Molina, who is backed by the Circuit de Catalunya's young driver programme. "The car is really perfect and we are working towards the championship."
P1 Motorsport enjoyed a strong morning with James Walker third, just 0.1s shy of Alguersuari, and new signing Daniil Move fifth.
"I only signed the deal yesterday," said Move. "Tuesday and Wednesday have been spent flying all over Russia talking to sponsors. I have only driven for four days over the last nine months, so I am sure there is room to improve."
Bertrand Baguette had set the early running for Draco but was gradually demoted and eventually split the P1 cars in fifth. Charles Pic completed the top sixfor Tech 1 Racing.
Pic's last-minute team-mate, New Zealand's Red Bull protege Brendon Hartley, propped up the bottom of the timesheet as he familiarised himself with the car
"Brendon drove a FR3.5 car after winning the Eurocup in 2007, but only had half a day of running," said Tech 1's Sarah Abadie. "We started him on new tyres and he gradually improved, but at the moment he is just getting experience."
Of the other late arrivals, Interwetten's Adrian Zaugg was 17th, five places higher than his Romanian team-mate Mihai Marinescu.
"The car takes a lot of getting used to compared to an A1GP car," said Zaugg. "The big difference is the feel of the brakes, and this car also has good rear end grip while the tendency of the current A1GP car is towards oversteer.
"The next two FR3.5 races clash with A1GP, so what we do next depends a little on how we get on this weekend."
Comtec's stand-in for hard-up Frenchman Alexandre Marsoin, Harald Schlegelmilch, was 18th fastest.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Miguel Molina Ultimate 1m33.542s
2. Jaime Alguersuari Carlin 1m34.145s +0.603
3. James Walker P1 1m34.223s +0.681
4. Bertrand Baguette Draco 1m34.336s +0.794
5. Daniil Move P1 1m34.466s +0.924
6. Charles Pic Tech 1 1m34.492s +0.950
7. Adrian Valles Epsilon 1m34.560s +1.018
8. Marco Barba Draco 1m34.561s +1.019
9. Oliver Turvey Carlin 1m34.616s +1.074
10. Sten Pentus Fortec 1m34.852s +1.310
11. Chris van der Drift Epsilon 1m34.910s +1.368
12. Marcos Martinez Pons 1m34.923s +1.381
13. Pasquale di Sabatino RC 1m35.095s +1.553
14. Fairuz Fauzy Fortec 1m35.245s +1.703
15. Greg Mansell Ultimate 1m35.266s +1.724
16. Julian Leal Prema 1m35.583s +2.041
17. Adrian Zaugg Interwetten 1m35.601s +2.059
18. Harald Schlegelmilch Comtec 1m35.813s +2.271
19. Federico Leo Pons 1m36.033s +2.491
20. Frankie Provenzano Prema 1m36.163s +2.621
21. Anton Nebylitskiy Comtec 1m36.204s +2.662
22. Mihai Marinescu Interwetten 1m36.363s +2.821
23. Brendon Hartley Tech 1 1m36.788s +3.246