Rookie Scott McLaughlin claimed his first V8 Supercars victory in the final race of the Australian Grand Prix-supporting event in Melbourne.
The Garry Rogers Motorsport driver made a flying start from seventh place on the grid to take fifth, moving up to third when both Jason Bright and Will Davison made their mandatory pit stops at the end of the second lap.
Fabian Coulthard, who led from pole position, and David Reynolds, who had jumped to second on the run to the first corner, waited until laps six and seven respectively to pit.
McLaughlin was the best-placed of the drivers who had already made their stops and when Coulthard understeered off the track after emerging from the pits still ahead, he took a lead he would never lose.
Lowndes gave Coulthard a light tap into Turn 6 on the same lap to take second, which he held to the finish despite intense pressure from the New Zealander.
Reynolds finished fourth ahead of Alex Davison and Jamie Whincup, the latter making impressive progress from the lower reaches of the grid after being excluded from race three.
Coulthard's third place, combined with his victories in the first three races of the weekend, handed him overall victory in the non-championship event.
Results - 12 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Scott McLaughlin GRM Holden 24m35.7698s
2. Craig Lowndes Triple 8 Holden + 1.6852s
3. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden + 2.0032s
4. David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR Ford + 2.4752s
5. Alex Davison Schwerkolt/FPR Ford + 6.7753s
6. Jamie Whincup Triple 8 Holden + 8.3943s
7. Todd Kelly Nissan + 9.3351s
8. Will Davison FPR Ford + 13.8983s
9. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden + 14.0137s
10. James Moffat Nissan + 14.3804s
11. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden + 16.4297s
12. Michael Caruso Nissan + 20.0522s
13. Rick Kelly Nissan + 21.3834s
14. Tim Blanchard DJR Ford + 22.1463s
15. David Wall Britek/BJR Holden + 22.6272s
16. Scott Pye Dumbrell Holden + 27.7706s
17. Dean Fiore Dumbrell Holden + 27.9402s
18. Jonny Reid DJR Ford + 28.6582s
19. Tony D'Alberto D'Alberto Holden + 30.6041s
20. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes + 34.1071s
21. Maro Engel Erebus Mercedes + 34.3546s
Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden 6 laps
Garth Tander HRT Holden 5 laps
Tim Slade Rosenberg/Erebus Mercedes 2 laps
Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford 0 laps
James Courtney HRT Holden 0 laps
Russell Ingall Walkinshaw/HRT Holden 0 laps