On a sunny St. Patrick's Day, 19-year-old Thomas McGregor earned his first win in the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda.
In an exciting opening round of the season at Sebring International Raceway, the young competitors battled head to head throughout the entirety of the race, sometimes going three wide for the lead. The lead changed several times between McGregor, Scott Anderson, Trent Hindman and Shelby Blackstock. By the last laps, McGregor had extended his lead to 1.162sec. Pole winner Scott Anderson finished fourth and Trent Hindman set the fastest lap of the race at 2:23.832.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 1 at Sebring International Raceway
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
1. (2) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
2. (3) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
3. (8) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
4. (1) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (5) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
6. (4) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
7. (6) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
8. (11) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
9. (9) Mukul Sud, 25, India
10. (12) Devin Jones, 17, Mooresville, NC
11. (7) Patrick Gallagher, 18, Thornville, OH
12. (10) Remo Ruscitti, 17, Burnaby, Canada