Rebuilding a racecar after a massive wreck isn’t a task for the faint of heart, especially in the space of a few days at a racetrack. Derrick Ambrose saved his Runoffs week doing just that. The Runoffs hadn’t even officially started, and already Derrick Ambrose was facing a racer’s nightmare. “The first session, the car felt a bit different – we were playing with some tire pressures trying to get...
Dec 15, 2014
Comparing throttle position and speed can reveal several facts about a driver’s habits and areas that need improvement. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development recently hosted an online data acquisition s...
Dec 14, 2014
Racers like the idea of a Global MX-5 Cup, and especially another opportunity for young drivers to prove themselves. Unveiled a month ago at the SEMA Show, the Mazda Global MX-5 Cup series has genera...
Dec 10, 2014
Two drivers at the Runoffs got professional coaching with good results from different approaches. SCCA Touring 4 National Champion Daniel Bender received coaching from Tom Long at the Runoffs. It’s g...
Dec 09, 2014
James Wilson drives his B-Spec Mazda2 to the racetrack, races it, then drives home. There was a time when racers drove their cars to the track, pulled out all the stuff that they didn’t need to go fa...
Dec 08, 2014
Team RDR and RJ Racing take the E2 and E3 victories, respectively; Factory Guys claim battle over dealers. After 25 hours of racing, the 12th edition of America’s longest endurance sports car race is...
Dec 06, 2014
Mazda is streaming live video from the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Presented by Hawk Performance. Robert Davis Racing is running four cars, including three Mazda6s in the second Dealers vs. Factory ...
Dec 05, 2014
Vacaville. Calif. racer awarded $100,000 scholarship prize to compete in the 2015 Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Tires. After half a day of presentations, grilling by judges an...
Dec 04, 2014
Mazda Motorsports takes on America’s longest road race, once again pitting MNAO employees against dealers. The National Auto Sport Association’s 25 Hours of Thunderhill Presented by Hawk Performance,...
Dec 03, 2014
The 2014 SCCA Touring 4 National Champion sells Mazdas when he’s not racing them. The old motorsports saying, “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday” doesn’t get any more applicable than in the case of Danie...
Page 1 of 10
Subscribe to Racer
- IMSA: Ganassi team sets Rolex 24 lineups
- Ford IMSA/Le Mans program details advancing
- IndyCar: Power, Castroneves spread holiday cheer in Indy
- Trucks: Kennedy joins Red Horse Racing
- F3: Giovinazzi on top again at Valencia
- F1: Ecclestone reappointed to F1 board
- F1: Horner says 2014 one of RBR's best years
- WEC: Kristensen takes on Audi fitness role
- IndyCar 2018 by Diego Rodriguez
- WEC: Jarvis says Audi LMP1 seat always the aim
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-12-19 04:39:10' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-12-19 04:39:10' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614