Felipe Massa put Ferrari on top of the times on the final day of testing at the Barcelona circuit on Monday. The Ferrari driver posted a best time of 1m22.625sec to go over eight tenths of a second faster than Red Bull rival Mark Webber, second today.
Massa, who had another very productive day with 121 laps covered, posted his best time over a two-lap stint, the same as Webber.
Sebastien Buemi continued with Toro Rosso's impressive preseason by posting the third quickest time of the day, set over a three-lap run. Despite having a KERS problem that cut his running short in the morning, Nick Heidfeld ended as fourth fastest in the Renault, the German managing 95 laps in the end.
Lewis Hamilton finally got some decent running in the McLaren, finishing in fifth after 107 laps, ahead of Williams' Pastor Maldonado, who caused one of the red flags of the day when he stopped on track in the afternoon.
Michael Schumacher caused the final red flag of the day with some 20 minutes of the session left when his Mercedes stopped at Turn 10. The German still enjoyed a productive session, covering over 100 laps, but he finish over four seconds off the pace.
Jerome D'Ambrosio posted the ninth-quickest time with the Virgin, the Belgian losing a lot of track time following a problem in the morning.
D'Ambrosio stopped on track at around 11am with a car problem and was only able to return to action with some 90 minutes of the session left.
It was a very short day for the Lotus team, which was forced to end the test early after Jarno Trulli crashed his car in the morning. The team said the accident had been caused by an unspecified car problem and, not having enough parts to rebuild it, they had to pack up early. Before his crash, Trulli had managed just 18 laps on his way to the slowest time of the day.
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Massa Ferrari 1m22.625s 121
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m23.442s + 0.817 69
3. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m23.550s + 0.925 90
4. Heidfeld Renault 1m23.657s + 1.032 95
5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.003s + 1.378 107
6. Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m24.057s + 1.432 121
7. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m24.177s + 1.552 64
8. Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m24.515s + 1.890 74
9. D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m26.501s + 3.876 50
10. Schumacher Mercedes 1m27.079s + 4.454 114
11. Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m29.992s + 7.367 18
All Timing Unofficial