Marc Marquez reopened his 125cc championship lead by taking his sixth victory of the season at Misano.
The Ajo Derbi rider spent the race embroiled in a tight battle with main title rival Nico Terol (Aspar Aprilia), but made a late break when Terol appeared to let Marquez past with seven laps to go.
Although Terol made an awful start, a spectacular opening lap saw him immediately get back into the lead pack with Pol Espargaro, Marquez, Bradley Smith and Efren Vazquez.
Within a few laps, championship combatants Marquez, Terol and Espargaro had pulled away, although the latter could not keep up for long, leaving Marquez and Terol in their own dice.
Running nose to tail, they swapped the lead twice before Terol appeared to signal to Marquez to come past him on the back straight on lap 17. If Terol thought he would be able to follow Marquez and strike back at the end, he proved mistaken – for once in front, the younger Spaniard disappeared into the distance, charging away to win by 2.1 seconds and bringing his championship lead back up to nine points.
A delighted Vazquez emerged from a four-bike tussle to take third, just ahead of Smith, who made a slow start from pole and lacked pace in the early stages before charging back into contention. Sandro Cortese pushed Espargaro back to sixth by the end, leaving the Tuenti Derbi rider 20 points adrift of Marquez in the standings.
Pos Rider Bike Time/Gap
1. Marc Marquez Derbi 39m56.117s
2. Nicolas Terol Aprilia + 2.185s
3. Efren Vazquez Derbi + 5.628s
4. Bradley Smith Aprilia + 5.912s
5. Sandro Cortese Derbi + 6.378s
6. Pol Espargaro Derbi + 7.091s
7. Esteve Rabat Aprilia + 23.835s
8. Tomoyoshi Koyama Aprilia + 23.891s
9. Randy Krummenacher Aprilia + 29.914s
10. Danny Webb Aprilia + 29.969s
11. Jonas Folger Aprilia + 30.173s
12. Johann Zarco Aprilia + 38.411s
13. Alberto Moncayo Aprilia + 38.689s
14. Simone Grotzkyj Aprilia + 46.494s
15. Adrian Martin Aprilia + 46.569s
16. Jakub Kornfeil Aprilia + 1m00.269s
17. Marcel Schrotter Honda + 1m01.708s
18. Armando Pontone Aprilia + 1m07.377s
19. Louis Rossi Aprilia + 1m07.414s
20. Alessandro Tonucci Aprilia + 1m07.487s
21. Jasper Iwema Aprilia + 1m07.905s
22. Tommaso Gabrielli Aprilia + 1m29.668s
23. Marco Ravaioli Lambretta + 1m30.618s
24. Francesco Mauriello Aprilia + 1m30.641s
25. Joan Perello Lambretta + 1 lap
Luca Marconi Aprilia 16 laps
Sturla Fagerhaug Aprilia 14 laps
Lorenzo Savadori Aprilia 12 laps
Giovanni Bonati Aprilia 12 laps
Alexis Masbou Aprilia 8 laps
Luis Salom Aprilia 7 laps
Zulfahmi Khairuddin Aprilia 1 lap