Marc Marquez took charge in MotoGP's second Friday practice session at Aragon.
After a very close morning battle was won by Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo, the afternoon session was dominated by Honda. Lorenzo and title rival Marquez immediately kicked off with their best laps of the day, but the latter's 1m48.987s was 0.418 second clear of Lorenzo's quickest effort.
This early-run times would stand as Marquez and Lorenzo's best of the day. It was sufficient to keep Marquez on top for the rest of the session, but Lorenzo was pushed back to fourth.
First Marquez's works Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa moved up to second, then LCR Honda rider Stefan Bradl put in a great lap to claim the spot, 0.132sec slower than Marquez. With Alvaro Bautista going fifth quickest for Gresini, Lorenzo was the sole Yamaha in a Honda-filled top five.
Bautista set his time on his first run and later had a crash at Turn 8. He was unhurt.
Yamaha riders Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi were back in sixth and seventh, ahead of Ducati pacesetter Andrea Dovizioso and CRT leader Aleix Espargaro.
Pos Rider Bike Time Gap Laps
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m48.987s 17
2. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m49.119s +0.132s 18
3. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m49.254s +0.267s 19
4. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m49.405s +0.418s 17
5. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m49.763s +0.776s 14
6. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m49.840s +0.853s 18
7. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m49.909s +0.922s 16
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m50.034s +1.047s 17
9. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 1m50.055s +1.068s 15
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m50.446s +1.459s 17
11. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m50.727s +1.740s 18
12. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m50.913s +1.926s 16
13. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m50.944s +1.957s 18
14. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati 1m51.345s +2.358s 17
15. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m51.461s +2.474s 17
16. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m51.699s +2.712s 16
17. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m52.020s +3.033s 18
18. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m52.121s +3.134s 18
19. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m52.227s +3.240s 14
20. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 1m53.220s +4.233s 14
21. Luca Scassa Cardion Aprilia 1m53.338s +4.351s 17
22. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda 1m53.557s +4.570s 14
23. Lukas Pesek Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m54.793s +5.806s 15
24. Damien Cudlin PBM-Aprilia 1m55.343s +6.356s 16