Marc Marquez topped the third MotoGP free practice session at Barcelona on Saturday morning.
The Spaniard, who was not a factor at the front on Friday, put in two consecutive laps quicker than anyone else in the closing minutes, knocking Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa off the top spot.
Pedrosa had been at the front for much of the session thanks to a lap he put in early on, but he was knocked back to third as Ducati's Nicky Hayden pulled out a lap good enough for second towards the end.
Friday pacesetter Valentino Rossi was fourth fastest ahead of Cal Crutchlow, while Jorge Lorenzo was only sixth after his session started off with a crash at Turn 5.
The Yamaha rider was quickly back to the pits and back out on his spare bike, but he did not get involved in the scrap at the top of the times after that.
At the bottom of the top 10, the CRT bike of Aleix Espargaro - which was fastest of anyone through the short first sector - prevented Bradley Smith and Michele Pirro from locking themselves into Q2.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m41.853s
2. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m41.916s + 0.063s
3. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m41.987s + 0.134s
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m42.009s + 0.156s
5. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m42.064s + 0.211s
6. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m42.166s + 0.313s
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m42.258s + 0.405s
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m42.345s + 0.492s
9. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m42.582s + 0.729s
10. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 1m42.795s + 0.942s
11. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m42.957s + 1.104s
12. Michele Pirro Pramac Ducati 1m42.970s + 1.117s
13. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m43.106s + 1.253s
14. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m43.260s + 1.407s
15. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m43.652s + 1.799s
16. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m43.942s + 2.089s
17. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m44.167s + 2.314s
18. Karel Abraham Cardion Aprilia 1m44.434s + 2.581s
19. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 1m45.136s + 3.283s
20. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m45.252s + 3.399s
21. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m45.407s + 3.554s
22. Yonny Hernandez PBM Aprilia 1m45.612s + 3.759s
23. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda 1m45.686s + 3.833s
24. Lukas Pesek Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m46.037s + 4.184s