Marc Marquez pipped Jorge Lorenzo to set the pace in MotoGP's post-weekend test at Misano.
The Spaniard, who was defeated by Lorenzo in Sunday's grand prix, bounced back from a late crash at Turn 12 to hit the front in the final moments of the day. A 1m33.264s put him just over two tenths clear of Lorenzo, who was a similar gap ahead of team-mate Valentino Rossi.
The Yamaha pair both ran a YZR-M1 in 2014 configuration, although it was not a full prototype machine. Honda meanwhile brought an evolved version of the 2014 bike Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa tested at Aragon in June.
While Marquez went fastest, Pedrosa could only manage sixth overall, some six tenths off the pace.
Tech 3's Cal Crutchlow – who focused on brake improvements – and Gresini's Alvaro Bautista were both faster than the works Honda rider.
Suzuki was also present with Randy de Puniet, and used the test to trial a different specification engine and to define its development paths.
The Frenchman ended the day 13th fastest, just less than two seconds down on Marquez.
Andrea Dovizioso finished eighth fastest on the revised Ducati GP13, which features a new chassis.
Ducati were unable to provide Nicky Hayden with the same equipment, although the American was just 0.1s off his teammate's best.
Andrea Iannone ended the day 10th for the satellite Pramac team, while team newcomer Yonny Hernandez – set to stand in for the injured Ben Spies in forthcoming races – was 16th.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m33.264s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m33.502s +0.238s
3. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m33.660s +0.396s
4. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.780s +0.516s
5. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m33.877s +0.613s
6. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m33.892s +0.628s
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m34.015s +0.751s
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m34.118s +0.854s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m34.252s +0.988s
10. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m34.378s +1.114s
11. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m34.414s +1.150s
12. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 1m34.652s +1.388s
13. Randy de Puniet Suzuki 1m35.097s +1.833s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m35.501s +2.237s
15. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter0BMW 1m35.671s +2.407s
16. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati 1m36.277s +3.013s
17. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m36.348s +3.084s
18. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m36.402s +3.138s
19. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 1m36.540s +3.276s
20. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 1m37.699s +4.435s
21. Michele Magnoni Ioda-Suter-BMW 1m39.107s +5.843s