Marc Marquez re-established his command of MotoGP by defeating Jorge Lorenzo in the Aragon Grand Prix, as Dani Pedrosa crashed out.
Pedrosa's lap-six incident looks set to end his 2013 championship hopes, and came amid a battle with Honda teammate Marquez.
Lorenzo's Yamaha had again burst into the lead at the start, but this time the Hondas soon reeled him back in. As they did so, Pedrosa overtook Marquez. Unique among the top three in running a harder front tire, Pedrosa looked like he might have a race pace advantage.
A few laps later, Marquez surged back down the outside of Pedrosa to try to reclaim second, but ran wide over the run-off area. At the same moment, Pedrosa launched into a violent high-side on the exit of the corner and crashed into retirement. He was checked for a potential left knee injury but escaped without serious injuury.
Marquez was now two seconds behind Lorenzo, a gap he chipped away at until slipping into the lead with six laps remaining. Lorenzo tried to fight back and closed in again, only for a final spurt from Marquez to give him victory by 1.3 seconds.
Valentino Rossi returned to the podium in third on the second Yamaha. He had to fight hard to get there, only claiming the place after a huge, race-long dice that also involved Alvaro Bautista, Stefan Bradl and Cal Crutchlow.
Bradley Smith, Ducati pair Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden, and Andrea Iannone completed the top 10, with Aleix Espargaro a class apart in CRT again in 11th.
Results - 23 laps:
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time/Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 42m03.459s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha +1.356s
3. Valentino Rossi Yamaha +12.927s
4. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda +13.787s
5. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda +13.973s
6. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha +14.662s
7. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha +31.220s
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati +40.671s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati +53.413s
10. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati +55.067s
11. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia +58.001s
12. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati +1m05.513s
13. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia +1m06.589s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki +1m08.674s
15. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki +1m09.130s
16. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki +1m12.041s
17. Luca Scassa Cardion Aprilia +1m45.152s
18. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda +1m45.228s
19. Lukas Pesek Ioda-Suter-BMW +1m45.583s
Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 8 laps
Dani Pedrosa Honda 5 laps
Damian Cudlin PBM-Aprilia 3 laps
Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter-BMW 0 laps
Michael Laverty PBM Aprilia 0 laps