Nissan drivers Michael Krumm and Lucas Luhr did the double at Paul Ricard's round of the FIA GT1 World Championship event by adding victory in the main race to their triumph in yesterday's qualifying event.
Krumm and Luhr led throughout the one-hour championship race at the former home of the French Grand Prix, apart from a short period during the mid-race pit stops.
Krumm built up a lead of four seconds ahead of Tomas Enge's Young Driver AMR Aston Martin over the course of the opening stint. Luhr found himself with only a second in hand over the other Young Driver Aston after the pit stop sequence was complete but was able to hold off Darren Turner through the final half hour of the race, ending up less than a second ahead.
Krumm said: "It took a while to get the tire pressures up. Then I got grip and could make a gap. I wanted to make as much of a gap as possible in case something went wrong, which it did."
The second Young Driver car that Alex Muller took over from Enge ended up third, just ahead of the the best of the Sumo Nissans in the hands of David Brabham. The former Le Mans 24 Hours winner, who shares with Jamie Campbell-Walter, moved past Maxime Martin in the Marc VDS Ford with two laps to go and was able to close to within just over half a second of Muller in the Aston.
The double victory for Krumm and Luhr has moved them to the top of the points table. Erstwhile championship leaders Marc Basseng and Markus Winkelhock could finish only eighth in their All-Inkl Lamborghini Murcielago.
Results - 29 laps:
Pos Drivers Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Krumm/Luhr JRM Nissan 1h01m51.498s
2. Mucke/Turner Young Driver Aston + 0.843s
3. Enge/Muller Young Driver Aston + 11.602s
4. Campbell-Walter/Brabham Sumo Power Nissan + 12.232s
5. Hohenadel/Piccini Hexis Aston + 13.832s
6. Makowiecki/Martin Marc VDS Ford + 14.730s
7. Catsburg/Bernoldi Sumo Power Nissan + 27.576s
8. Winkelhock/Basseng All-Inkl Lamborghini + 28.140s
9. Pastorelli/Schwager All-Inkl Lamborghini + 34.715s
10. Enjalbert/Rossi DKR Corvette + 37.893s
11. Piccione/Dusseldorp Hexis Aston + 39.835s
12. Leinders/Hennerici Marc VDS Ford + 40.429s
13. Ickx/Nygaard Belgian Ford + 1 lap
Westbrook/Dumbreck JRM Nissan 26 laps
Leclerc/Clairay Belgian Ford 16 laps
Hezemans/Zuber Exim Corvette 0 laps