Jorge Lorenzo posted the fastest time of this weekend's final MotoGP free practice session at Assen.
The Spaniard lapped over a second faster than Randy de Puniet's quickest time in yesterday's session and finished the hour-long practice four tenths of a second clear at the top of the timesheet.
Casey Stoner had set the pace throughout the vast majority of the session, but the Australian was the only front running rider not to make a significant improvement to his time in the final two minutes.
Lorenzo's last-gasp effort was a full second quicker than his previous best time. Stoner still finished the hour second on his Ducati, with Honda's Andrea Dovizioso third.
Dovizioso spent most of the session as one of only five riders, along with Stoner, Lorenzo, Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards, to break into the 1m37s before the flurry of quick laps at the end.
Rossi's Yamaha finished up fourth, just ahead of Edwards' Tech 3 Yamaha. Edwards jumped up to second place with 10 minutes remaining, but was another to be pushed down in the last minute.
Dani Pedrosa was sixth quickest on the second factory Honda, with Nicky Hayden and James Toseland completing the top eight as the only other riders in the 1m37s.
First practice pace-setter Randy de Puniet was 12th fastest, while MotoGP debutant Gabor Talmacsi brought up the rear in 19th.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m36.756s
2. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m37.178s +0.422
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m37.248s +0.492
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m37.490s +0.734
5. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m37.617s +0.861
6. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m37.861s +1.105
7. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m37.924s +1.168
8. James Toseland Tech 3 Yamaha 1m37.939s +1.183
9. Alex de Angelis Gresini Honda 1m38.104s +1.348
10. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m38.123s +1.367
11. Chris Vermeulen Suzuki 1m38.322s +1.566
12. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m38.439s +1.683
13. Toni Elias Gresini Honda 1m38.455s +1.699
14. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m38.887s +2.131
15. Marco Melandri Hayate Kawasaki 1m39.016s +2.260
16. Niccolo Canepa Pramac Ducati 1m39.197s +2.441
17. Sete Gibernau Hernando Ducati 1m39.582s +2.826
18. Yuki Takahashi Scot Honda 1m39.862s +3.106
19. Gabor Talmacsi Scot Honda 1m40.338s +3.582