Polesitter Jorge Lorenzo remained on top in the morning warm-up ahead of today's Dutch TT at Assen.
The Yamaha rider swapped the session lead with main rivals Casey Stoner (Ducati) and Dani Pedrosa (Honda) before setting a 1m34.773s best, putting him 0.2 seconds clear of Pedrosa and 0.3s up on Stoner.
Ben Spies maintained his strong form from qualifying to take fourth for Tech 3 Yamaha, ahead of Andrea Dovizioso on the second works Honda and qualifying star Randy de Puniet's LCR Honda.
For the second weekend in a row, an Interwetten Honda rider had a vicious high-side crash in the warm-up. But whereas Hiroshi Aoyama's accident at Silverstone last weekend ruled the 250cc champion out for some time with back injuries, his substitute Kousuke Akiyoshi was able to walk away from his crash - even though he both landed heavily and was hit again by his own bike as he tumbled through the gravel.
The field will remain at 15 bikes for the race, with Marco Melandri not running in the warm-up having dislocated his shoulder in a practice crash yesterday. The Gresini Honda rider had not completely ruled out trying to ride in the warm-up to assess his condition, but decided to stay in the pits.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m34.773s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m34.924s + 0.151s
3. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m35.100s + 0.327s
4. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m35.352s + 0.579s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m35.461s + 0.688s
6. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m35.692s + 0.919s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m35.721s + 0.948s
8. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m36.093s + 1.320s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m36.185s + 1.412s
10. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m36.379s + 1.606s
11. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m36.516s + 1.743s
12. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m36.697s + 1.924s
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m37.160s + 2.387s
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m37.338s + 2.565s
15. Kousuke Akiyoshi Interwetten Honda 1m40.230s + 5.457s