Jorge Lorenzo was fastest in the final free practice session before qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix.
All three of the front-running manufacturers got into the top three, with Honda's Dani Pedrosa and Ducati's Friday pace-setter Casey Stoner following Lorenzo's Yamaha – although the Spaniard had an advantage of nearly half a second.
Having struggled with his setup yesterday, Andrea Dovizioso showed much better form this morning to take fourth on the second Honda, ahead of Valentino Rossi. The series champion insisted he was pleased with how little his shoulder injury was affecting his form yesterday, but his pace remained muted today.
Ben Spies took a big leap forward as he continued to come to grips with Jerez, and placed his Tech 3 Yamaha sixth, ahead of Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) and Nicky Hayden (Ducati), who both crashed without injury.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m39.089s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m39.549s + 0.460s
3. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m39.719s + 0.630s
4. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m39.917s + 0.828s
5. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m39.982s + 0.893s
6. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.012s + 0.923s
7. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m40.092s + 1.003s
8. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m40.246s + 1.157s
9. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m40.370s + 1.281s
10. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m40.413s + 1.324s
11. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.588s + 1.499s
12. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m40.741s + 1.652s
13. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m40.836s + 1.747s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 1m40.846s + 1.757s
15. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m40.925s + 1.836s
16. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m41.065s + 1.976s
17. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m41.223s + 2.134s