Jorge Lorenzo edged out Dani Pedrosa as the battle of the Spaniards continued in the warm-up at Jerez.
Honda rider Pedrosa, who beat Lorenzo to pole yesterday, had led the way at first, but was overhauled by Lorenzo's 1m39.899s on his Yamaha halfway through. They remained just 0.075sec apart -- and Ducati's Nicky Hayden was only 0.001sec down on Pedrosa as the American continued to shine this weekend.
Ben Spies took fourth on the Tech 3 Yamaha, with Suzuki's Loris Capirossi showing better form than he had in qualifying to go fifth quickest.
Front row starter Casey Stoner was only sixth on the second Ducati, 0.7sec slower than Hayden, but he fared better than championship leader Valentino Rossi (Yamaha), who was way back in 14th.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m39.899s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m39.974s + 0.075s
3. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m39.975s + 0.076s
4. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.526s + 0.627s
5. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m40.596s + 0.697s
6. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m40.604s + 0.705s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.667s + 0.768s
8. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 1m40.674s + 0.775s
9. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m40.752s + 0.853s
10. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m40.857s + 0.958s
11. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m40.859s + 0.960s
12. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m40.945s + 1.046s
13. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m40.960s + 1.061s
14. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m41.061s + 1.162s
15. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m41.070s + 1.171s
16. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m41.074s + 1.175s
17. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m41.288s + 1.389s