Jorge Lorenzo bested 2012 MotoGP title rival Dani Pedrosa to go fastest on the second day of winter testing at Sepang.
Pedrosa had been fastest on the opening day and also took a clean sweep in the first test at the Malaysian circuit earlier in the month.
Lorenzo ended that run on Wednesday with a 2m00.282s, his fastest lap so far at Sepang and also more than three tenths of a second faster than Pedrosa could manage on the day.
For the first time this winter the top three was completed by a satellite bike as Cal Crutchlow shrugged off a lack of updates to put Tech 3 third.
Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi, on the second Honda and Yamaha respectively, both got within 15 thousandths of a second of Crutchlow. Rossi's deficit of 0.783 second to Lorenzo was however the largest it has been over winter testing.
Alvaro Bautista was the last man to get within one second of Lorenzo, helping him to edge out fellow Honda satellite rider Stefan Bradl and the two works Ducatis of Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso.
In a reverse of the day one order Pramac rider Andrea Iannone this time managed to edge out top CRT man Aleix Espargaro, although the Spaniard and Avintia rider Hector Barbera both had the better of Iannone's team-mate Ben Spies. The American, returning from a long injury lay-off, suffered an early fall at Turn 1 but emerged unhurt.
Michael Laverty, meanwhile, turned his first laps on the new Paul Bird chassis, managing three installation laps in the morning and a further 16 in the afternoon.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m00.282s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m00.651s + 0.369s
3. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 2m00.907s + 0.625s
4. Marc Marquez Honda 2m00.992s + 0.710s
5. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 2m01.065s + 0.783s
6. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 2m01.208s + 0.926s
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 2m01.485s + 1.203s
8. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m01.778s + 1.496s
9. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 2m01.803s + 1.521s
10. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 2m02.023s + 1.741s
11. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 2m02.608s + 2.326s
12. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 2m02.905s + 2.623s
13. Michele Pirro Ducati 2m02.920s + 2.638s
14. Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha 2m02.946s + 2.664s
15. Wataru Yoshikawa Yamaha 2m03.354s + 3.072s
16. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m03.428s + 3.146s
17. Ben Spies Pramac Ducati 2m03.460s + 3.178s
18. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 2m03.518s + 3.236s
19. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m03.990s + 3.708s
20. Danilo Petrucci Ioda Suter-BMW 2m04.279s + 3.997s
21. Karel Abraham Cardion Aprilia 2m04.350s + 4.068s
22. Takumi Takahashi Honda 2m04.512s + 4.230s
23. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 2m04.656s + 4.374s
24. Yonny Hernandez PBM Aprilia 2m04.671s + 4.389s
25. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 2m04.709s + 4.427s
26. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda 2m05.439s + 5.157s
27. Lukas Pesek Ioda Suter-BMW 2m06.206s + 5.924s
28. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 2m07.721s + 7.439s