Fabio Leimer secured his second straight International Formula Master pole position of the season at Valencia this morning.
The Swiss Jenzer Motorsport driver hit the top of the timesheet early in the session and chipped away at his time to build a cushion over JD Motorsport team-mates Sergei Afanasiev and Josef Kral.
Leimer's best lap was a 1m27.455s and Afanasiev was the only other driver to dip below the 1m28 mark.
Series veteran Kasper Anderson will share the second row of the grid with Kral, while Vladimir Arabadzhiev and Alexander Rossi complete the top six.
New Zealander Earl Bamber continued his improvement from the beginning of the season to qualify seventh, ahead of Pau race two winner Alessandro Kouzkin in eighth.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Fabio Leimer Jenzer 1m27.455s
2. Sergei Afanasiev JD 1m27.756s +0.301
3. Josef Kral JD 1m28.039s +0.584
4. Kasper Andersen Hitech 1m28.059s +0.604
5. Vlado Arabadjiev JD 1m28.156s +0.701
6. Alexander Rossi Hitech 1m28.573s +1.118
7. Earl Bamber ADM 1m28.574s +1.119
8. A.Kouzkin Cram 1m28.654s +1.199
9. Pål Varhaug Jenzer 1m28.659s +1.204
10. Simon Trummer Iris 1m28.668s +1.213
11. Patrick Reiterer Iris 1m29.075s +1.620
12. F.Provenzano Trident 1m29.111s +1.656
13. H.Schlegelmilch Cram 1m29.233s +1.778
14. Nicolas Maulini Jenzer 1m29.558s +2.103
15. Dennis Retera AR 1m29.659s +2.204
16. Kelvin Snoeks AR 1m30.027s +2.572