Jari-Matti Latvala tumbled down the Rally Mexico order after rolling with three stages to go.
The Ford driver was running third, having already been delayed by broken suspension on Friday and a damaged wheel on Saturday, when he rolled his Fiesta on the 54-kilometer-long Guanajuatito stage. Although the car was in good enough shape to continue, Latvala did have to stop and change a puncture, resulting in a delay of over seven minutes. That dropped the Finn from third place to seventh.
Sebastien Loeb continues to lead the rally over Citroen teammate Mikko Hirvonen, while Latvala's disaster means his Ford teammate Petter Solberg is back up to third.
Mads Ostberg (Adapta Ford) was also delayed on Guanajuatito but had enough in hand to hang on to fourth place ahead of Ott Tanak (M-Sport Ford).
The stage saw two notable retirements in Chris Atkinson's Monster Ford and Evgeny Novikov's M-Sport Ford – the Australian breaking his suspension and the Russian crashing – but both were already running down the order under Rally 2 after incidents on Saturday.
Leading positions after SS22:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 4h05m04.9s
2. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 35.8s
3. Petter Solberg Ford + 2m12.8s
4. Mads Ostberg Adapta Ford + 4m46.4s
5. Ott Tanak M-Sport Ford + 4m56.5s
6. Nasser Al-Attiyah Qatar Citroen + 6m31.0s
7. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford + 9m14.6s
8. Armindo Araujo Portugal Mini + 12m10.2s
9. Sebastien Ogier VW Skoda + 14m03.9s
10. Ken Block Monster Ford + 22m00.6s