Jari-Matti Latvala will take a 16.8-second lead into day two of Rally Sweden, having safely completed the Karlstad superspecial which rounded off Friday's action.
Ford driver Latvala had been in a close battle with ex-teammate Mikko Hirvonen (Citroen) for most of the day, but as their tires wore toward the end of the second loop, Latvala was able to pull away.
Petter Solberg is third in the second Ford, and now just 1.8s behind Hirvonen after saving fresh tires for the end of the leg and gaining considerably on the man he replaced in the second works Fiesta, while simultaneously pulling away from Mads Ostberg's fourth-placed Adapta Ford. Winning the superspecial tonight further enhanced Solberg's position.
After his trip off the road earlier this afternoon, Citroen's Sebastien Loeb is back in seventh, with Henning Solberg's Go Fast Ford and Evgeny Novikov's M-Sport Ford the next two targets in his comeback chase when the rally resumes just before 8am local time on Saturday.
Leading positions after SS10:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford 1h23m50.8s
2. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 16.8s
3. Petter Solberg Ford + 18.6s
4. Mads Ostberg Adapta Ford + 32.3s
5. Evgeny Novikov M-Sport Ford + 1m12.1s
6. Henning Solberg Go Fast Ford + 1m48.5s
7. Sebastien Loeb Citroen + 2m08.9s
8. Patrik Sandell Mini + 2m18.8s
9. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 2m26.9s
10. Eyvind Brynildsen Adapta Ford + 2m59.8s