All-Inkl Lamborghini driver Dominik Schwager claimed pole position for the second round of the FIA GT1 World Championship at Zolder.
The German set a best time of 1m27.691s around the former home of the Belgian Grand Prix in the final round of qualifying. That put him nearly half a second in front of Alex Muller in the best of the Young Driver Aston Martins.
The lead All-Inkl Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV also topped the times at last month's Abu Dhabi season opener in the hands of Nicky Pastorelli, but the car was penalized five places for a pitlane infraction.
Schwager, whose teammate will start this afternoon's qualifying race from the pole, said: "We had a little problem in qualifying one, so we adjusted the setup and the tire pressures. We are happy to be on pole."
Muller's teammate Tomas Enge will not take up a front-row position because the car has been docked three grid places. The No. 7 Young Driver Aston was one of six cars to be given grid penalties for failing to slow down under yellow flags during second free practice on Friday. That means the second Young Driver entry in which Darren Turner placed third in final qualifying will take up a front-row starting position in Stefan Mucke's hands. Turner ended up third up in the times ahead of Mike Hezemans aboard the Selleslagh-run Team China Chevrolet Corvette C6.R.
Peter Dumbrek was the fastest of the four Nissans in fifth place, despite the handicap of 25kg of success ballast.
Clivio Piccione and Stef Dusseldorp, who won the championship race in Abu Dhabi, will start the first race from 15th on the grid. Piccione, handicapped by 30kg of ballast, failed to make it through the first round of qualifying.
Pos Drivers Team/Car Time Gap
1. Schwager/Pastorelli All-Inkl Lamborghini 1m27.691s
2. Muller/Enge Young Driver Aston 1m28.119s + 0.428s
3. Turner/Mucke Young Driver Aston 1m28.170s + 0.479s
4. Hezemans/Catsburg China Corvette 1m28.283s + 0.592s
5. Dumbreck/Westbrook JR Nissan 1m28.359s + 0.668s
6. Hohenadel/Piccini Hexis Aston Martin 1m28.424s + 0.733s
7. Luhr/Krumm JR Nissan 1m28.521s + 0.830s
8. Campbell-Walter/Brabham Sumo Power Nissan 1m28.555s + 0.864s
9. Wendlinger/Kox Swiss Lamborghini 1m28.408s (Q2)
10. Basseng/Winkelhock All-Inkl Lamborghini 1m28.546s (Q2)
11. Zonta/Bernoldi Sumo Power Nissan 1m28.595s (Q2)
12. Martin/Makowiecki Marc VDS Ford 1m28.665s (Q2)
13. Hennerici/Leinders Marc VDS Ford 1m28.897s (Q2)
14. Rossi/Camara DKR Corvette 1m30.743s (Q2)
15. Piccione/Dusseldorp Hexis Aston Martin 1m29.258s (Q1)
16. Pavlovic/Matzke Belgian Ford 1m29.664s (Q1)
17. Beche/Ickx Belgian Ford 1m29.686s (Q1)
18. Nilsson/Janak Swiss Lamborghini 1m29.857s (Q1)