Matias Laine set the pace in the first practice session of the 2012 GP3 Series season at Barcelona.
The second-year driver led an MW Arden one-two ahead of his Formula 3 convert teammate David Fumanelli, the pair separated by just 0.099sec. The MW Arden duo were followed by the trio of Lotus entries, with Aaro Vainio third and his teammates, America's Conor Daly and Daniel Abt.
Completing an all-MW Arden/Lotus top six, title favorite Mitch Evans was sixth fastest.
Manor's Fabiano Machado had the only significant incident when he spun into the Turn 14 barriers, while his teammate Tio Ellinas stopped after just one lap.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Matias Laine MW Arden 1m38.878s
2. David Fumanelli MW Arden 1m38.977s + 0.099s
3. Aaro Vainio Lotus 1m39.063s + 0.185s
4. Conor Daly Lotus 1m39.080s + 0.202s
5. Daniel Abt Lotus 1m39.154s + 0.276s
6. Mitch Evans MW Arden 1m39.208s + 0.330s
7. Antonio Felix da Costa Carlin 1m39.514s + 0.636s
8. Alex Brundle Carlin 1m39.625s + 0.747s
9. Tamas Pal Kiss Atech CRS 1m39.682s + 0.804s
10. Marlon Stockinger Status 1m39.776s + 0.898s
11. Robert Visoiu Jenzer 1m39.839s + 0.961s
12. William Buller Carlin 1m40.041s + 1.163s
13. Patric Niederhauser Jenzer 1m40.168s + 1.290s
14. Kevin Ceccon Ocean 1m40.427s + 1.549s
15. Kotaro Sakurai Status 1m40.493s + 1.615s
16. Dmitry Suranovich Manor 1m40.532s + 1.654s
17. Antonio Spavone Trident 1m40.614s + 1.736s
18. Ethan Ringel Atech CRS 1m40.913s + 2.035s
19. Fabiano Machado Manor 1m40.935s + 2.057s
20. Alice Powell Status 1m41.003s + 2.125s
21. John Wartique Atech CRS 1m41.179s + 2.301s
22. Vicky Piria Trident 1m41.532s + 2.654s
23. Carmen Jorda Ocean 1m41.554s + 2.676s
24. Robert Cregan Ocean 1m42.087s + 3.209s
25. Jakub Klasterka Jenzer 1m42.198s + 3.320s
26. Tio Ellinas Manor