IndyCar fans will be able to go behind closed doors in September, as the IZOD IndyCar Series pre-race drivers' meetings at Baltimore and Auto Club Speedway will be streamed for the first time, exclusively through IndyCar Mobile.
While these meetings are traditionally open only to competitors, IndyCar Mobile will allow fans to view race director Beaux Barfield relaying instructions for the races on the temporary street course in Baltimore on Sept. 2 and the 2-mile Auto Club Speedway oval on Sept. 15. Both are significant as the series' championship battle takes center stage, and contenders will express opinions and pose questions during the drivers' meetings.
For the race in Baltimore, fans will be able to view the drivers' meeting at 5 p.m. ET on Sept. 1. The Fontana race will showcase the drivers' meeting at 7:45 p.m. ET on Sept. 15.
Available for Verizon iOS and Android-based devices, IndyCar Mobile provides fans in-depth coverage through multiple platforms, including:
- Live in-car camera video streaming for select drivers during races
- Live Race Control video streaming during races
- Mosaic screen for all live videos (4 in 1 view)
- Live driver - pit crew audio transmissions
- Live IMS Radio Network broadcasts
- Real-time leaderboard with car positions on track map
- Favorite driver and team selection for quicker access
- Exclusive video on-demand race highlights, crashes, driver interviews, IndyCar 101, virtual laps, historical race footage
- Breaking news, expert analysis and photos
- Standings, race results, and schedule
- Driver profiles and driver/team Twitter feeds
- Optional device notification icon alerts when new content is added and race starts
To download the latest version of IndyCar Mobile, dial "**INDY (**4639) or on a tablet, visit indy.vzw.com or Google Play, only from Verizon.