What a sense of relief. The Formula 1 World Championship was not decided by the double points available in the finale. Another sense of relief. This gimmick has now been dismissed to F1's Room of Lame Ideas, where it can fester along with mooted medal systems, the "only a driver's X best finishes count" rule, and allowing Chanoch Nissany to drive an F1 car in an official practice session. A great...
Oct 29, 2014
It's a strange paradox that while no sport embraces technology quite like racing, it's treated as a dirty word by some motorsport fans who associate it with spoiling the action, making life too easy ...
Sep 05, 2014
With every issue of RACER, our purpose is to take you inside the sport we all love, with the stories of racing's past (we revel in it), present (we're absorbed by it) and future (we're excited by it)...
Aug 11, 2014
RACER's Great Cars Issues always cause the same dilemmas: What to include? What to leave out? Whatever, we were determined to avoid "merely" wallowing in nostalgia. For example, although we know this...
Jul 16, 2014
They're the kind of cars that take hold of our imagination as kids and never let go. As adults, some are lucky enough to turn dreams into reality and get to own and enjoy one. Yet whether you drive o...
May 23, 2014
Probably the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan succinctly conveyed the hard work and hardline attitude it takes to succeed in any sport. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my ...
Apr 01, 2014
As a RACER reader, chances are that at least one of the guys on our front cover this issue is a hero of yours, yet it hardly matters: they all transcended personal tastes to become heroes of motorspo...
Mar 11, 2014
Given the abundance of riches at Chip Ganassi Racing this year, it was only logical to feature the team's IndyCar squad on the cover of RACER's 2014 Season Preview Issue. All four CGR drivers have ra...
Feb 04, 2014
To replace an iconic car is tough enough, but replacing an iconic car steeped in racing heritage is even tougher. Relishing such a challenge, the engineers and designers involved with Chevrolet's sev...
Jan 20, 2014
Every generation needs a hero, so they say – but in our opinion, it also needs a front-engined supercar! It's a format that naturally lends itself to powerful, sexy and timeless shapes. That's why, f...
Jan 09, 2014
A couple of days after Phil Hill died five years ago, we were on the phone to Sir Stirling Moss, one of his chief rivals in both Formula 1 and sports cars. “If you were in the same event as him, his ...
Dec 17, 2013
On this day in 1979, the company that would eventually create RACER magazine and RACER.com was founded by Paul Pfanner, Suzette Catheron-Smith and the late Geary Brown. The company's very first proje...
Page 1 of 2
Subscribe to Racer
- IndyCar: Coyne and Rossi conversations making progress
- Report: Ecclestone, German bank suing each other over sale of F1 stake
- IMSA: Series to implement enhanced track and pit lane lighting system
- IndyCar: New Ferrari F1 role won’t limit Vergne’s U.S. chances
- IMSA: Indy 500 champion hunting for NAEC opportunity
- PWC: DragonSpeed confirms 4-car Mercedes SLS program
- IMSA: Risi set for full-season campaign
- Rollcentre back to prototypes in LMP3
- F1: Ecclestone resumes push for engine changes
- Schumacher Jr. reportedly tests Formula 4 car
Video: The Technology Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-12-20 02:27:36' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-12-20 02:27:36' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614